Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: Simply the best – Número cinco

Started by broodblik, 20 June, 2022, 04:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Welcome to the fifth knockout round where we will choose our favorite story arc.
We already have six story arcs that has qualified.
Whom is the next to do a takedown? The best Brink book is naturally Book 3:
-   Yay, you are spot on
-   Nay, surely you are mistaken it must be .................................

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Well the real answer is we don't know yet. Hopefully so much more to come. At this moment and accepting that everything else is pretty much just as brilliant I'd say

Yeah its Book 3

Southstreeter

It's all good, but my favourite so far is 2. I loved the scenes in the hab that was under construction - the art gave a sense of the sheer size of the place, and the emptiness of space in which humanity is doomed to drift.

Magnetica

They're all brilliant. I really can't choose.

And really it's all one ongoing story.

broodblik

You have until Monday to decide which Brink is your number
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I'm going to vote for the current book, running in the prog now. Brink is such a masterpiece, it seems to get better- the tension building- with every episode. Therefore the experience of reading Book 2 was more enjoyable than Book 1, and Book 3 likewise improved on 2. It's absolutely the best exercise in episodic storytelling and worldbuilding that we've seen in 2000AD since at least Nikolai Dante. And it is probably better than that.

And, weirdly, it translated perfectly to audio- which I don't think was true of any of the other strips they adapted. I await a Netflix adaptation with a sense of inevitability.

SBT

AlexF

Been sitting on this one for a while and I cannot make up my mind.
Am tempted to say Book 1 for setting uo the world so neatly, but it's surely true that subsequent books kept getting better, and while I miss Bridget Kurtis the whole idea of investigating the world from another point of view is genius, and currently playing out with great brio.

So yeah Book 3 I guess?

broodblik