Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Woah, poor sod, that's some unfortunate synchronicity... and lo, a thousand conspicracy theories lateral-thinking analyses were born.

COMMANDO FORCES

If it's good enough for Elvis (not the Glastonbury bit).

Colin YNWA

Quote from: House of Usher on 26 June, 2011, 04:24:03 PM

...and U2 headlining on the Friday night.

(I knew Glastonbury wasn't cool any more)

...watched by Wayne Rooney to boot. I always wanted to make a return until I heard that!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 26 June, 2011, 04:24:03 PM
Christopher Shale, chairman of West Oxfordshire Conservative Association, found dead at Glastonbury Festival, in a toilet...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-13918856

...and U2 headlining on the Friday night.

(I knew Glastonbury wasn't cool any more)

You are right there.I wouldnt ever go to Glastonbury again and the last time i went there was in 1995or possibly 1997*.Its become a cliche now plus the hassle of tickets.Also headlining was Beyonce  :lol: :sick:** and  celebs with their little VIP enclosure.Rubbish.

*That was the time when i left a Tag Heuer watch behind by a water tap which was an expensive mistake.

**What a joke that is !!
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Adrian Bamforth

I remember when it was all just fields.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 27 June, 2011, 06:16:59 PM*That was the time when i left a Tag Heuer watch behind by a water tap which was an expensive mistake.

When Tag Heurs started turning up at Glasto, you knew it's days were numbered...then U2 played.

Orlok

I hope he didn't watch U2. I'd hate to think the guy went out suffering.

Orlok

Not exactly a celebrity, but topical down here in Mordor...
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/health/news/article.cfm?c_id=204&objectid=10733648

As an Athiest this confirms my belief that there is just random chance and fate for all of us and poor Aria was dealt a very poor hand.
Amazingly Chris Moyles hasn't been. Go figure.

As a lapsed Catholic this only goes to prove that the God I once would have been a sadistic bellend by giving her not one but two incurable diseases.

TordelBack

Quote from: Orlok on 28 June, 2011, 07:26:23 AM
As an Athiest this confirms my belief that there is just random chance and fate for all of us and poor Aria was dealt a very poor hand.

That's a grim story, you can certainly see the comfort of a religious belief in that terrible situation - but as Orlok says, there's the flipside too.

vzzbux

Quote from: Orlok on 28 June, 2011, 07:26:23 AM
Not exactly a celebrity, but topical down here in Mordor...
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/health/news/article.cfm?c_id=204&objectid=10733648

I am normally a black hearted bastard but that brought a tear to my eye.
As a close friend of mine has a young daughter fighting with leukaemia and is in desperate need of matching donors before the year is out I suppose  it will strike home.
http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,31753.msg580029.html#msg580029
Go on be a hero.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Richmond Clements

Goaty

News of the World!

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Daveycandlish

As pleased as I am to see the back of that particular pile of shite, it will just resurface as The Sun on Sunday >:(

Has anyone mentioned Anna Massey's passing yet? 73 but I thought she was a lot older than that - she just had an older face, I guess
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Goaty on 07 July, 2011, 05:00:59 PM
News of the World!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its good to have some good news for once.One down - more to go............

Think of all those trees that will be saved.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death