Main Menu

Older progs available as digital issues

Started by kos, 08 June, 2011, 01:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kos

How come there is no digital issues of progs prior to #1650?
It'd be nice to have them..

Molch-R

Because that was when we launched our digital progs. There's a response from Tharg to this very question in next week's prog.

ThryllSeekyr

I'm getting a Kindle or something like one if they ever do this.

AlexF

I fully expect this has been answered elsewhere on the forum, but couldn't find an obvious place to look.

Will there ever be a way to read through old digital Progs story-by-story rather than Prog by Prog, or is this specifically a no-go as it'd negate the customers' need to buy a trade paperback (equivalent) of a story in order to read it in one go (easily, that is)?

Molch-R

Quote from: AlexF on 30 September, 2013, 02:59:00 PM
I fully expect this has been answered elsewhere on the forum, but couldn't find an obvious place to look.

Will there ever be a way to read through old digital Progs story-by-story rather than Prog by Prog, or is this specifically a no-go as it'd negate the customers' need to buy a trade paperback (equivalent) of a story in order to read it in one go (easily, that is)?

We've no plans to do that, no.

IronGraham

Are there plans for going further back with the progs or is that in the dream phase?
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Molch-R

We've no current plans to go back beyond the start of the Rebellion era, but we're currently focusing on getting our graphic novels onto the iPad app, followed by the shop.

Dragonfly

As this thread is over two years old can I ask what was the response from Tharg alluded to in the second post?

The Adventurer

I think it just comes down to it being a logistical nightmare, and the further back they go the reprint rights of certain materiel gets murky.

I mean, if they offered Prog 1 they could include the Dan Dare material for example.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Adventurer

Though I do wish they would go back and bump up the resolution of some of the older offerings they do have up. I have some early digital progs, megs, and meg reprints, and they don't look so hot on higher resolution screens.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK