Main Menu

Restore original Dredd logo to the strip

Started by Frank, 13 July, 2014, 09:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I'm sure Rebellion aren't going to mess with their branding on the trade collections or wider publicity, but it would be a great mark of respect to restore the late Jan Shepheard's original Dredd logo design to pride of place in the prog.

Colin YNWA

I'm a big fan of the classic logo and even if its just for the one Prog it would be a great gesture.

Ghost MacRoth

Good call, I'd be very happy to see it return as both a tribute, and the fact it's a cracking logo.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

maryanddavid

I did a small bit on FB yesterday, if anyone fancy's a look, and yep, I would love to see it restored ont ot the comics. https://www.facebook.com/HiberniaComics?ref=hl

Steve Green

Would be great if they could, or the centrepiece of a cover to remember Jan.

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 July, 2014, 10:14:28 PM
Would be great if they could, or the centrepiece of a cover to remember Jan

Something like Cliff Robinson's cover for prog 513 would be great, or even a single page inside the comic. David's lovely tribute on Facebook makes me think his correspondence with Jan makes him the ideal choice to produce a tribute feature on Jan for the Megazine. Kev O'Neill only ever talks about her and the influence she had on his career and working methods in the most glowing of terms, so I'm sure he would be keen to contribute.

Steve Green

Yep, something along those lines would be great.

shaolin_monkey

I agree! It was such a thrill seeing half that logo appear at the start of 'Dredd'.

TordelBack

I, Cosh

Can we get Jock to come back and draw it into the page like the last time It appeared ?

Also: good work. Thanks.
We never really die.

Grugz

I'd like to see it as the judge dredd logo period. Why change a classic? imagine star wars in December next year flashing up on screen in a Victorian script style ? the horror!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

HdE

Quote from: 2T(fru)T on 14 July, 2014, 12:08:56 AM
I'd like to see it as the judge dredd logo period. Why change a classic? imagine star wars in December next year flashing up on screen in a Victorian script style ? the horror!

This suggestion carries with it a special pain only a letterer can fully appreciate.

The horror... the horror...
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Skullmo

It's an amazing logo! It's got my vote too
It's a joke. I was joking.

Montynero

The edges get knocked off anything with extreme personality these days. The fear that 'someone' out there won't like a hand drawn logo, or think you unsophisticated or ignorant because of its energy and personality, leads to this suffocating blandness of approach. A pox upon it, I say. Bring back the old Judge Dredd logo for good!

Though a one prog appearance of the old logo would also be classy.