Main Menu

Wanted - 2000AD Prog 1771

Started by Anzati, 03 September, 2014, 04:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anzati

Anyone have a copy of 2000AD Prog 1771 that they no longer require? I'd like to buy one; I'm currently working my way backwards through the Progs year by year but so far this one has managed to be quite elusive...

I'm not bothered which cover variant or even if it comes with the poster (although this would be nice); I'd just like a copy to read as I prefer paper to digital :)

Thanks for looking :)

ZenArcade

Funny this was one of the hardest for me to get as well (bar 1209). The more recent ones ie from 1200 - 1807 were surprisingly expensive...it was fortunate I made a couple of lucky contacts who were amazingly helpful! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Anzati

I'll bump this on the off chance that someone who has a spare copy missed the post earlier...but not going to hold my breath...it amazes me that issues from 30 years ago are easier to find :lol:

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Anzati

Cheers, I've added that to watching...beginning to think this one might be rather out of my price range though £20-£30...ouch...that double to tripple the top end of what I was expecting to pay :( Starting at £65 I suspect that this lot won't attract any bids (1700 to 1799 + 1813 to 1820 - 1771 went for less than £35 including postage a week ago). I guess that 1771 could tip it to that higher start, but this is already the second time I've seen that lot listed in the last month.

I, Cosh

Why is 1771 so hard to get? There've been a few threads with folk looking for it.
We never really die.

blixab

Probably because so many of us are completists and get both variants so reducing the availability of those left out there...

Anzati

I have no idea what makes 1771 so hard to get other than the fact its a celebration prog...others that have more than one cover have been easy to get. Progs 1803 and 1811 were also harder than others to get hold of, again I have no idea why...

Anzati

Fantastic, thanks :) and a charity auction too :) So I dont have to feel bad about spending far too much money on a comic, since its going to a good cause :)

Anzati

Bugger...I was outbid on that one...still I helped push up the total that's going to charity I guess...

So if anyone else happens to find a copy of prog 1771 I'd certainly be interested in aquiring it :)

Proudhuff

I'll send Nestor down to the cellar of Huff Mansions and see what he can find.
DDT did a job on me

Anzati

Proudhuff

Sorry Anzati, can't see that one anywhere, had a clearout and that must have been passed on. sorry  :(
DDT did a job on me