Main Menu

New Dredd & Holocaust suit variant in 28mm metal

Started by Marbles, 13 April, 2011, 10:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Judge Palmer

They look pretty cool and hope the price is cool also!  :)
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

Colin YNWA

I don't really remember the holocaust suit but it looks like an Ian Gibson design. What story is it from is it Insurrection?

klute

It looks a bit like a cross between the robot from the lost in space film and "The Creech" comic book character
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Art

IIRC Ron Smith drew their first appearance, and they were sort of like that - I don't recall the bloody great machinegun.

TordelBack

Quote from: Art on 13 April, 2011, 07:57:37 PM
...I don't recall the bloody great machinegun.

How else do you deal with a volcano in the middle of a city?

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dunk!

Is it based on something from the comic direct or just a figure designer coming up with it? - inspired by the classic Gibson Manta i feel.

Either way I really like it.
"Trust we"

CrazyFoxMachine

John Caliber

I think the Holocaust Suit was based on a miniature for another game entirely, with minor modifications to 'Dredd it up'.
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

cheetor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 13 April, 2011, 06:45:54 PM
I don't really remember the holocaust suit but it looks like an Ian Gibson design.

Mongoose (the manufacturers) actually took an older "Grizzly" armoured suit model from their now OOP Starship Troopers line and Dredded-it-up, if you know what I mean.  As a result I think that it is their own re-imagining of the Holocaust suit.

I reckon that its really very cool looking.  With the amount of artistic licence that individual artists have had with Dredd designs over the years it doesnt bother me that it isnt an exact copy of an existing design.  It looks like Justice Department tech to me and thats what matters I think.

Quote from: Judge Palmer on 13 April, 2011, 01:56:31 PM
They look pretty cool and hope the price is cool also!  :)

The Holocaust suit is £10 and Dredd is £3.

I am not so keen on the prancing look to Dredd.  I have always thought that Dredd looks more intimidating with both feet planted on the ground rather than in mid-air. 

Despite that of course I will still be buying both figures at Salute on Saturday :)