Main Menu

Prog 2006 - Stealth Fighter.

Started by Mattofthespurs, 05 November, 2016, 10:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDGE BURNS

STILL NO PROG HERE IN AYRSHIRE SECTOR.       not a haapy squaxx here at all

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE MAIL SERVICE ( or no service for me )

staticgirl

Although I am not the biggest fan of Flesh because the humans are just a bit boring, I really enjoyed that dinosaur fight.

Colin YNWA

Fine margins, fine margins. All behind a quite astonishing good cover. Man Henry Flint has somehow found new ways to get better. Not just on the cover but on the fantastic Dredd. So much in there. So many questions left. That ? at 'The End' is surely not required there has to be more right? More Judge Sam, more about the secrets in the walls, more about madness and visions, more about who is prepared to make the sacrifices. This has been a brilliant Dredd and offers so much more to come.

Did the croc have spines on its back last time in Flesh? Anyway pointless points aside the dino action just doesn't work for me, the pacing seemed off... or something. The idea of the rangers at the end of the world I seem to have settled with at least. So interested to see what this has next... if not too much in this episode itself.

Hunted continues to suffer a little too much by the weight of how much its packing it. I loved the episode a couple of weeks ago that gave time to the led. Here there is so much break neck action nothing gets to breathe. Its fun don't get me wrong just wish it could be as good as the 'origin' episode had shown it could be.

Savage however manages to go for it both barrels blazing and throw in some character. Okay its not subtle either but it plays with Bill's svage madness really well. Loved this episode.

Counterfeit Girl just continues to rattle along in glorious multicoloured delight as our heroine chases down her last hope the relentless pace of this series takes us around another sharp turn with chaotic elegance. It really is a breathless wonder, but with a skill that carries you along effortlessly. I think this will even better read as one and shows something very specific about why a 6 page 2000ad story is unique and its hard to imagine this story being told in any other comic.

This run of post 2000 stories has been a glorious mix of ups and downs and I'm lovin' the ride.

Jacqusie

Quote from: Woolly on 05 November, 2016, 09:12:10 PM
No show in Sheffield, sadly. Fingers crossed for monday!

Monday delivery for my prog in Sheffield today... but still no prog 2005!

So a polite call to the subs department and the ever so helpful Oliver and one is in the post, fingers X'd...

The progs are looking very good at the moment, especially Dredd and the excellent Rob Williams shows how a story arc is done which compliments the equally fabulous Henry Flint's work.

These last two short Dredd runs (IMHO) have been better than what went down over the summer and although the men in the walls are back  :think:  - It's very welcome indeed...

Steve Green

Quote from: Frank on 06 November, 2016, 03:07:31 PM

Williams's farewell opus will be packaged as a Dark Justice-style hardback when it's finished, so it's only fair that Henry Flint's allowed to show off his incredible art to its best advantage.

I must have missed that.

Hawkmumbler

Christ, had I known Rob Williams was packing in Dredd i'd have spent a little longer chatting with him this weekend past. What an absolute shame one of the best writers on the strip right now is stepping back from it all.

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 08 November, 2016, 12:21:22 PM
Christ, had I known Rob Williams was packing in Dredd

A shame if its true.
I know the Williams Droid has an increasing workload at DC, but it would have been nice to have him pen a few stories each year.

pauljholden

++RUMOUR CONTROL ++ RUMOUR CONTROL++

Not sure where the "Williams is quitting Dredd" rumour has come from, but it's bunkum.

-PJ

Hawkmumbler

Frank trolled me again? Well that's another notch on his rifle then...

pauljholden

There's quite a lot of Franks post appears to be conjecture or bunkum. Maybe Enceladus should be a hardback opus, but I doubt very much anyone has set that in stone and "exposes the limitations of computer colouring as a medium" is a bit of nonsense as, as far as I'm aware, every artist - bar Simon Davis is now using digital colouring. (A fact he points out in a secondary footnote).

-PJ

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: pauljholden on 08 November, 2016, 12:50:18 PM
and "exposes the limitations of computer colouring as a medium" is a bit of nonsense

I'll confess I raised an eyebrow at that one, too.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rob1971

Quote from: pauljholden on 08 November, 2016, 12:43:01 PM

Not sure where the "Williams is quitting Dredd" rumour has come from, but it's bunkum.'

Yarp. Not true. I want to do more Dredd.

Steve Green

jacob g

Ufff...

Prog 1862 with start of Titan was my entry point as a weekly reader (previous to that I was only buying collected editions) so Williams/Flint Dredd is somewhat close to my heart now and I wish for much more in the future.
margaritas ante porcos

GordonR

Quote from: Rob1971 on 08 November, 2016, 01:30:29 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 08 November, 2016, 12:43:01 PM

Not sure where the "Williams is quitting Dredd" rumour has come from, but it's bunkum.'

Yarp. Not true. I want to do more Dredd.

Frank/sauchie/Butch/Wullie/whatever in 'talking bollocks with falsely assumed air of authority' shocker.