Main Menu

...WEIRD FALSE MEMORIES...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 10 October, 2004, 02:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

another kind of false memory I`m occasionally plagued with is when I see a movie which is terrible, then forget that I`ve seen it.  
   I think this comes about because I had hopes for it and thought it couldn`t have been that bad, or something.

Bico

I have this memory of killing a hooker with a hammer, and her eye got caught in the strap of my watch, so I pulled and pulled until her eye got ripped out of her skull and was just hanging off my wrist.
It's crazy, of course.  I've never worn a watch in my life.

WHOORE!

Max Kon

you've never worn a watch? but they are so useful

chimpanzor

I was reallly REEEAALLY drunk this one night, like mixing drinks is verrrry bad for me, and we were walking up castle hill on the left hand side. Earlier I had tried to call a friend to come and pick me up, but my phone had died so I thought she wouldnt come. So we walked up the hill, and she drove past but I didnt see. According to her, I was on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD!!! IMPOSSIBLE!! I CLEARLY REMEMBER HAVING A BIG FUCKING HEAVY TRAFFIC CONE OVER MY SHOULDER, AND GETTING TOLD BY THE COPS TO PUT IT BACK, WHICH I DID, IN FRONT OF A BAKERY WHICH IS ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE!!! yet my friend says that she saw me with the cone on the right.. yet when I WAS on the right, the cone I did not have! (I ran up the hill before my friends to make sure the indian didnt shut before they got there.)

Sorry for shouting. But its mad!

Floyd-the-k

I have a childhood false memory of someone taking off the side of an aluminium swimming pool only to leave the water still standing up in the pool shape.
  I`m pretty sure this didn`t actually happen

Mr C

What's worse is when you have memories that you think are false and then relaise that yes, that did actually happen and now you must change your identity before They find you again.

House of Usher

I used to sometimes remember a scene in a film, or a bit of pop music that I'd only imagined, or sometimes I have dreamed that something happened, or that I was watching a film, and then remembered *the dream* as if it was something that really happened.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

...actually - you know the film Scrooged, with Bill Murry? His fondest memories were actually things he'd seen on tv, and were actually episodes of Lassie and Little House on the Prairie that he'd confused with his own childhood.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

On another thread, we were talking about the provenance of the Spear of Destiny, and I had a vague recollection of someone in a museum in a tv history documentary or a trailer holding the supposedly genuine artefact.

My girlfriend was kind enough to point out that it was John Hurt in the Hellboy movie...

(I'm going to start looking for a good rest home immediately. You don't want to leave these things to chance...)
STRIKE !!!

chimpanzor

I can see you're really squeezing the life outta this thread, ma boy usher!

I will return with additional false memories soon.

Grant Goggans

I am absolutely certain I saw an episode of H.R. Pufnstuf as a child in which Pufnstuf and Jimmy had a potato sack race.  Unless there's a magical 18th episode they never showed again and skipped on the DVD box set, this never happened.

--Grant

Queen Firey-Bou

shit ! you know how memories get replayed a lot & refreshed & feel familiar ?

well reading this thread just triggered a buried one which i've never seen in all these years & its accompanied by that slightly queezy feeling of genuine flashbacks... only its a totally triveal tv one,  marine boy ? was there a cartoon called marine boy ? was it manga style, some blond boy, the sea , music theme tune, big eyes, i think i was in love with him. wtf?

DavidXBrunt

Marine Boy? Never heard of him. And wouldn't recognise him if I saw him.http://www.geocities.com/b7mboy/marineboy/boy.jpg">

Queen Firey-Bou

wow that is SO freaky...

nahhh i have enough wierdness in the here & now ! the vaults of the mind can stay locked.

Capt.Zeep

I often get the strangest feeling that I'm living out events from a dream I had when I was fifteen, what's more I remember telling my best friend all about this dream at the time, how years and tears passed in the dream and it was all as real as real can be...from time to time I get tantalising flashes of deja vu that I link back to that dream...I'm sure it's just my mind playing tricks but can't help wondering if I'll wake up one morning and be fifteen again....Aaaaagh!  The Horror!

Zeep (aged 37)