Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills 2017

Started by Dash Decent, 23 August, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Adventurer on 16 August, 2017, 11:21:12 PM
i guess I'm a bit confused, what chapters of Indigo Prime are we talking about? I see its not returned to the Prog yet, so what Credits are his name not attached too?
There's a new story starting in prog 2050. The first set of solicits in Previews credit John Smith and Kek-W. The latest ones omit John.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Frank on 16 August, 2017, 11:09:01 PM
Smith's posting on social media doesn't suggest there's continuing animosity.

Nobody can be sure exactly what happened, but (from outside) the problem appeared to stem from the controversial subject matter of the three episodes of Indigo Prime Smith completed.

While everyone understands that Tharg is entitled to do whatever he likes with the properties published in 2000ad, hopefully he and the author can agree to shed light on however much of the background to this as both parties feel comfortable with, to forestall the inevitable speculation.
Seems a bit late for that!
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 August, 2017, 02:20:03 PM
Perhaps the next volume is about to start in the Prog? If not, yeah, that's an odd one.
Can't remember if I read it somewhere or they mentioned it at the 40th birthday, but I have it in my head that there's a return to Helium before the next Scarlet Traces.
We never really die.

dweezil2

I love John Smith's utterly unique writing style, I'll be really sad to hear he's been dropped from the strip, if that is indeed what's happened!  :(

We need more risk takers like him in the Prog.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Adventurer

Quote from: I, Cosh on 16 August, 2017, 11:40:26 PM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 16 August, 2017, 11:21:12 PM
i guess I'm a bit confused, what chapters of Indigo Prime are we talking about? I see its not returned to the Prog yet, so what Credits are his name not attached too?
There's a new story starting in prog 2050. The first set of solicits in Previews credit John Smith and Kek-W. The latest ones omit John.
Interesting, and worrisome. Though to be fair, if John Smith was to be replaced, Kek-W would be my first choice.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Frank

Quote from: I, Cosh on 16 August, 2017, 11:43:58 PM
Quote from: Frank on 16 August, 2017, 11:09:01 PM
While everyone understands that Tharg is entitled to do whatever he likes with the properties published in 2000ad, hopefully he and the author can agree to shed light on however much of the background to this as both parties feel comfortable with, to forestall the inevitable speculation.

Seems a bit late for that!

Pah! You call this speculation?

Given where Smith was going with episode three, there'll be conspiracy theories involving Cliff Richard and the Duke of Edinburgh turning up at the Command Module in a white Fiat Uno, armed with a satsuma and a syringe full of amphetamine.

And John Smith will believe them all.

James Stacey

Quote from: Frank on 17 August, 2017, 07:17:58 AM
Pah! You call this speculation?

Given where Smith was going with episode three, there'll be conspiracy theories involving Cliff Richard and the Duke of Edinburgh turning up at the Command Module in a white Fiat Uno, armed with a satsuma and a syringe full of amphetamine.

Didn't you just sum up an episode of Greysuits

Satanist

Indigo Prime = Oh Yeah!

by Kek-W = Urgh!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Frank

Quote from: James Stacey on 17 August, 2017, 09:23:19 AM

Didn't you just sum up an episode of Greysuits

Mills was canny enough to substitute Johnny Sahib for Jimmy Savile, and lived to script another day. Although Greysuit was cancelled anyway, so obviously Lords Britton and Jenner have been putting the frighteners on Tharg from beyond the grave.

Dash Decent

Mind the Satsumas, Cliff!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Bolt-01

Frank

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 17 August, 2017, 08:35:14 PM
Rogue Trooper is back...

Found this via the ECBT folk..

Robinson's Meg Interrogation from June last year (372) makes for interesting reading:

"Richard Burton said to me 'I don't like you and you'll never work for 2000ad' ... Writing for 2000ad was my dream job ... Nemesis The Warlock was my favourite story ... Our Man In Hondo was fantastic ... Harry Twenty I remember as the greatest thing ever ... I loved the VCs, Rogue Trooper, Halo Jones ... Robinson would become known at DC for bringing superannuated characters back to life ... Tell them I'd love to do something for 2000ad ... It would feel weird doing it after all this time, but I never had the chance back then, so why the hell not?"

Leigh S

Very nice art - shame IDW Rogue didnt get that chap!  Always happy to see a new named writer in the prog too

Steve Green

Well, it will be interesting to see what approach they take.

My memory is hazy on Rogue, but did writers ever go down the route of the biochips themselves being important to either side?

Seems like GI training, memories of milli-com etc might be something to be sought after, at least for the Norts.

It came up the other day, that and whether Rogue was a product with a limited lifespan, constantly being fixed up by Bagman to counter him running past his warranty.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Steve Green on 17 August, 2017, 09:27:12 PM
It came up the other day, that and whether Rogue was a product with a limited lifespan, constantly being fixed up by Bagman to counter him running past his warranty.

That was the gist of Rennie's original run - one of the gene genies and the GI's CO trying to find Rogue before his lifespan wore out, given he'd not been designed to be out in the field on his own for so long.
@jamesfeistdraws