Main Menu

Alan Moore and the honours list

Started by robprosser, 25 May, 2007, 02:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

thanks to our evil Prime Minister, she's still our Queen, so I think we should have some say. Then again, it's not a democrcy anyway.

House of Usher

There was some advert on TV recently that was comparing banknotes of the world, which claimed that Australia's currency features a likeness of Dame Nelly Melba in place of the British monarch, not in addition. Is this true, Floyd?
STRIKE !!!

Dudley

No response to my petition to knight Mills, Grant & Wagner, despite its gaining 210 signatures.  They say that they will respond to any petition with 100+ sigs, so I'm a little disppointed not to have had a personal letter from Tony Blair himself telling me to piss off.

Floyd-the-k

We've still got a young looking Queen on our five dollar note and the old version on most of the coins, so as far as I know, that's rubbish, O house of.  
 Obviously we'd be honoured to have Alan Moore and/or his snake on some of our currency.

VampiraJen

now thats an interesting debate in itself.  who to have on money instead of the queen.  personally, the image of dredd on a fiver sits well with me

Proudhuff

I vote for Alan Moore on the fiver

ConfusedHuff
DDT did a job on me

Dudley

Well, the beard gives the mint people the intricate detailing they're so fond of.