Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy Andrew

I'm an Ultimate Collection cherry picker and my local Asda currently still put out one issue on the shelves. I wasn't going to dip on Zombie cos I keep my progs, but finding out everything's in there really swung it for me. Picked it up today and I'm so glad I did. It's so pretty.

Mattofthespurs

sintec

That's the first report I've heard of anyone receiving the covers book and it's someone who hadn't requested it.  Classic.

Dark Jimbo

It really is a cracking volume. I was hoping really for a book of the first three series only, to leave things on a more conclusive, final note - but actually Planet Zombo is left on much less of an open cliffhanger than I remembered, not least in the fact that, with only two exceptions, the entire [spoiler]supporting cast are dead![/spoiler]

Bit annoying that the Planetronix solo isn't included when Al Ewing's rhapsodising about it in the essay and calling it 'probably the best thing I've ever written'...!  :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

cropsy13

I'm a subscriber and a few days ago I got 17 & 18 (Slaine & Zombo) & Covers special, But not 15 & 16 yet.

Last time I got future issues was when they did the spine error.

sintec

Mattofthespurs

If it's 17 & 18 I'm surprised he has the covers special where everyone else has got the sketch book.

I could be wrong. Interested to know what the covers special is like myself.

cropsy13

It is the sketch book.

I thought it was the cover special, sorry My bad.

Woolly

Got the sketch book here, and I've got a question: Why are some sketches shown as negatives/half coloured in with red?
All a bit distracting in my opinion.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: cropsy13 on 13 April, 2018, 07:12:03 PM
It is the sketch book.

I thought it was the cover special, sorry My bad.

No worries.

moly

Received 15 and 16 with the missing bookends which is weird as the Facebook messenger said I was getting 17 and 18, think there customer service just make it up

sintec

I suspect that the distribution is being handled by a sub-contractor and that communication between them and the team running the FB page is via chinese whispers and post it notes only.

sheridan

Quote from: sintec on 14 April, 2018, 11:56:41 AM
I suspect that the distribution is being handled by a sub-contractor and that communication between them and the team running the FB page is via chinese whispers and post it notes only.

I vote spatulamancy and smoke signals.

Jade Falcon

Well, finally got round to reading Zombo, and I'd say its....interesting, but to be honest not really my cup of tea.  Maybe on a reread, but I just didn't get why it was so acclaimed.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tomwe

Slaine Vol 2 scheduled for release on 15th August, making it issue 26.

Of course, subscribers will get it the month following, as it stands.