Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Wanted to see that Goose-Bumps film, but they weren't playing it at that time and so I chose....

The Hateful Eight

Lost for words and Bob was Slaine, but only a little bit. 

James Dilworth

Just watched The Big Short.

It's a great film but I definitely needed a stiff drink afterwards.

ThryllSeekyr

[spoiler]Not that really liked that film Hateful 8, it did keep me glued to my seat, my eyes riveted to screen at all time except when I had to take toilet break right about when Joe Cage/Michael Madson must have entered the cabin. Don't know why they called it Habadashery which reminds me of Boutique in a world where such might be taken as specific to certain minorities and taken as some joke I don't completely understand.

it was this article [/spoiler][spoiler] here [spoiler]that allayed my theory that  Samuel Jackson/Major Marquis Warren a.k.a. "The Bounty Hunter" is aging Django from that other Tarantino film. Spoiler Maybe he was and even changed his name. This sank in when he shot down Bob the Mexican laying into him with both of his guns. Although sure a lot of western hero arch-types do this, but seemed like this was strong reference to the shooting style of Django. [/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Take note that he and some one else appear to be both wearing official Magical Silver Scarf of Gandalf the Grey.

I started this post hours ago, before abandoning it for a lie on the couch. My head filled with more ideas and theories that have now retreated back into the recess of my mind to be forgotten for the time being....

Tell me who fancies a game of Red Dead Redemption...I'm pretty sure Django just about the direct of this to sliver screen. I really feel like having John Marsten walk into a Saloon either the one at Armidillo or Theives Landing. yeah, just walk in there shoot off as many hats as I can without being shot back at and then leave very swiftly by horse.[/spoiler]

richerthanyou

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 29 January, 2016, 08:19:05 AM
... Quote deleted by Moderator because it contains the same spoilers! (And it's too fiddly to adjust it manually!) ...

Fix your spoilers!! Some of us haven't seen the film yet. ugh.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Mike Carroll

ThryllSeekyr - in future, please be more considerate of other users when it comes to spoilers!

ThryllSeekyr

Sorry, didn't think it was that revealing except for one sentence in there.

ThryllSeekyr

[spoiler]BTW When I wrote that S. Jacksons/Warren was that younger character from a anther recent Tarantino film. I meant that after reading that article I tried to link there and a few others that I had read that he almost was going to use him. Then he changed his mind when he found that particular one was holding the rest of the movie back and made him some body else who used twin pistols the same way or maybe he is....who knows![/spoiler] 

Because, either what I wrote was altered or I just neglected to write isn't[/b] when I wrote [is.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 30 January, 2016, 02:05:06 AM
Sorry, didn't think it was that revealing except for one sentence in there.

Yes, that's the sentence that needed the spoiler tags.

richerthanyou

Sucker Punch

I tried watching this on a flight to America. And I fell asleep about half an hour in. (not because it was a boring movie, I was just really tired) So I tried watching it on the flight back. And I fell asleep again. (a bit further in this time)

So recently I got it on blu-ray. Put it in last night. Woke up as the credits were rolling.

I really want to watch this movie. I'm not even going to attempt it tonight because I'm so tired. But what I have seen of it is great.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: richerthanyou on 30 January, 2016, 09:50:47 AM
Sucker Punch
But what I have seen of it is great.

Zack Snyder syndrome. Any given bit of a Snyder movie will be well executed and look amazing, but taken in aggregate, the whole film will be shit.

Sucker Punch is one of the worst movies I've seen in years.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 January, 2016, 09:59:29 AM
Quote from: richerthanyou on 30 January, 2016, 09:50:47 AM
Sucker Punch
But what I have seen of it is great.

Zack Snyder syndrome. Any given bit of a Snyder movie will be well executed and look amazing, but taken in aggregate, the whole film will be shit.

Sucker Punch is one of the worst movies I've seen in years.

Cheers

Jim
I actualy find it one of his more enjoyable ventures, as it's not violating any previously esstablished property in the process. It and live-action anime in it's purest sense, overblown and excessive but enjoyable on a basic level.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 30 January, 2016, 10:33:15 AM
I actualy find it one of his more enjoyable ventures, as it's not violating any previously esstablished property in the process.

Keep in mind that I haven't seen Man of Steel...

Cheers

Jim

NapalmKev

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 January, 2016, 10:35:23 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 30 January, 2016, 10:33:15 AM
I actualy find it one of his more enjoyable ventures, as it's not violating any previously esstablished property in the process.

Keep in mind that I haven't seen Man of Steel...

Cheers

Jim

Lucky Bastard! I've seen it in all its Glory. A complete Dog-Turd of a film with no redeeming features whatsoever!

Cheers

Edit: I watched Tootsie the other day. Seen it many times and still think it's great.
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 30 January, 2016, 10:39:34 AM
Don't. It's shit.

Almost no chance that I ever will. Having seen 300, Watchmen and Sucker Punch, I came to the conclusion that there was very little chance I'd enjoy MoS... which is the direct cause of my new policy of not watching/seeing films and TV shows I don't think I'm going to enjoy. Whilst it's fun to tear these things to shreds, on the plus side I save an afternoon for things I might actually like doing!

I have no intention of ever seeing Batman v Superman v Ginger Bloke v Wonder Woman v Aquaman v Doomsday v Darkseid v Some More Shit We're Throwing At This Wall To See What Sticks for the same reason.

Cheers

Jim