Main Menu

Durham Re..I mean Blood Rayne Movie.

Started by Adrian Bamforth, 30 April, 2006, 04:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian Bamforth

Coming to a video shop any time soon - no release date so has probably just disappeared forever after some awful reviews. However, we at least get a chance to quint our eyes and see what a Durham Red film would probably look like, it even has fantasy Dredd Michael Madsen in it.

ADE

Link: http://www.bloodrayne-themovie.com" target="_blank">Bloody awful, (apparently)

Bico

It has Meatloaf in it, too.  Alongside Ben "what the bloody hell happened to my effing career?" Kingsley and Billy "shagging Kelly Brook" Zane.
Presumeably, by 'squinting', you mean 'pretending it's set in space and not the middle ages and doesn't have an incredibly poor script', but I doubt if any reasonably healthy person has eyesight that bad, and if they do, they should seek the help of either a medical professional, or someone with a decent dvd collection.

DavidXBrunt

I was in a charity shop recently when the staff member cornered me and tried to engage me in conversation about Dungeons and Dragons and recommended the Bloodrayne movie to me in glowing terms. I politely made my excuses and left.

Wils

I politely made my excuses and left.

You should've smited them with a nearby +1 Beige Handbag of Twatting.

Keef Monkey

Fire of wrath!!!! Uwe Bolle is a genius, apparently makes a fortune by getting the videogame licenses and then selling all the international rights etc purely on brand recognition before he even gets a script together. I actually bought House Of The Dead for ?1 and felt ripped off though.

Pete Wells

I have to say that the Durham Re... I mean Bloodrayne 2 game is really quite good. It's fantastically gory and they've catured the attitude of our Durham really well. There's some excellent FMV cutscenes in it too.

The likeness to Mark Harrison's work is a bloody disgrace though and I'm amazed the Rebellion haven't sued!

Pete.

Richmond Clements

There's a athread about Bolle's movies over on the Fortean Times board, and without going back now to check, I do remember reading there that Bolle gets money in the form of grants from the German governmant or something for his movies, so he really doesn't have to try and make them good.

Keef Monkey

Yeah, he explained his tactics in an Empire interview. He rushes the movies so he can make 2 a year to make his cashola. House Of The Dead was appalling though, I really think I could have made a better movie and I can't even use a camera phone.

Bico

House of the Dead had Lois Lane from Smallville with her baps out, though.  Sadly, all I noticed at the time was that her haircut was a lot better.

Keef Monkey

Hmmm. Don't recall that part. At points I got confused and stared at the wall instead of the tv, both seemed equally riveting. Maybe that ?1 wasn't completely wasted then, where's the freeze frame button...

ThryllSeekyr

I was under that impression that this character is is the same or adaption of the 2000Ad character based on the gam of the same name.

There are too many similarites to deny any cionnection Btweent Durham Red and BloodRayne, and yet there are enough differences to have spoiled it.  

Richmond Clements

Ahem. far be it from me to promote filth of any sort, but a simple goggle image search of 'Erica Durance' will mean you don't have to sit through the movie again.

Bico

I think the Rebellion bods might have just weighed up the pros and cons of sueing the arse off the makers of the original game, but decided it wasn't worth the trouble and expense, as they could put out a game at any point based on DH and have a property more than twenty years old to justify the product.
I am personally of the opinion that someone sat down and played the original Bloodrayne game and decided that it was just another shoddy third-person Max Payne clone, and not worth getting upset about, as it would probably disappear without trace soon enough.  Seems to have backfired, though, as the only thing that stuck out about the original game was the character inspired by Red, so the rubbish original gets a sequel on that basis alone (and you can check the marketing on the game - it's being sold on the main character alone), while great games like Beyond Good and Evil sit in a warehouse waiting to turned into landfill.
Pah.

Art

Similaritys: Being a vampire, wearing skimpy black leather, having an allusion to blood or redness in name, red hair-dye.

What a TOTAL RIP-OFF! None of those things are completely boring and generic AT ALL!

Pete Wells

Ahem, while we're on about perving, you can see Rayne's topless Playboy pic at the link below.

I feel dirty!

Pete.

Link: http://fox302.com/index.pl?s=vg&user=VampireHorde" target="_blank">Durham/Rayne's Norks