Main Menu

GRIM RUMOURS ABOUT NEW STAR TREK:DISCOVERY SERIES

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 03 March, 2017, 01:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

TordelBack

Hey, Finnegan would be of an age that he could be a junior officer on Discovery.  Sure and wouldn't that be a rare thing indeed, me brave boys?

TordelBack

Quote from: JLC on 11 August, 2017, 06:19:48 PM
Typical Oirishman.

That's our word, we've reclaimed it. Furriners can't use it.

JLC

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 August, 2017, 10:14:04 PM
Quote from: JLC on 11 August, 2017, 06:19:48 PM
Typical Oirishman.

That's our word, we've reclaimed it. Furriners can't use it.
I'm a furriner? How do you know this?

TordelBack

Foreign starts at Dun Laoghaire. And some parts of Leitrim are distinctly iffy.

Dreddzilla

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/star-trek-new-captain-not-care-trekkies-article-1.3404011

"I only 'don't care' about them in the sense that I know they're all going to watch anyway."

Apparently he believes Trekkies will watch anything with the name "Trek" attached to it. Star Trek ENT proved the opposite.

Goaty

Okay, dreddzilla, as you post many negative links about new show. And you still want watch it?

Professor Bear

It would be one thing if Isaacs meant online trolls or anti-diversity meninists, but he clearly attacks Trek fans as a body there.  Most viewers will be downloading this for free, so it kind of does matter if people are watching it and shitting all over it, as CBS desperately need people to throw down hard cash on CBS All Access to watch this.

It also occurred to me out of nowhere that CBS took their investor's money - investors who wanted something in the spirit of the older Trek shows - and used it to bankroll their new network while not delivering what they promised.  If nothing else, it's good to see Axanar managed to contribute something to the Trek mythos.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Goaty on 15 August, 2017, 12:07:33 AM
Okay, dreddzilla, as you post many negative links about new show. And you still want watch it?
Nope!  :lol:

TordelBack

Quote from: Professor Bear on 15 August, 2017, 12:21:47 AM
It also occurred to me out of nowhere that CBS took their investor's money - investors who wanted something in the spirit of the older Trek shows - and used it to bankroll their new network while not delivering what they promised.  If nothing else, it's good to see Axanar managed to contribute something to the Trek mythos.

Author! Get that in a tweet, stat.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Link Prime

I've only taken a passing interest in this so far, but just to clarify; is this a completely new Star Trek time-line?
It doesn't take place in the same 'universe' as the original Star Trek or the new movies?

Goaty

Quote from: Link Prime on 16 August, 2017, 08:53:44 AM
I've only taken a passing interest in this so far, but just to clarify; is this a completely new Star Trek time-line?
It doesn't take place in the same 'universe' as the original Star Trek or the new movies?

After quick google;

the series will take place in the Prime (William Shatner) timeline as opposed to the Kelvin (Chris Pine) timeline to avoid conflict with future movies.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/761665-new-star-trek-discovery-details-reveal-timeline-names-more

Link Prime

Quote from: Goaty on 16 August, 2017, 08:58:15 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 16 August, 2017, 08:53:44 AM

After quick google;

the series will take place in the Prime (William Shatner) timeline as opposed to the Kelvin (Chris Pine) timeline to avoid conflict with future movies.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/761665-new-star-trek-discovery-details-reveal-timeline-names-more

That's what I'd assumed, just unsure after reading a few pages of this thread.