Main Menu

George Perez in the Prog!!!

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 August, 2018, 09:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

A few years ago I would have had such a nerdgasm about this. Even though my reaction is a little more tempered now this is stuill bloody exciting news (via 2000ad Megaverse on dat der Faciebookis)

https://www.newsarama.com/41621-tharg-recruits-george-perez-for-2000-ad.html

Or did you all know this already and I'm being daft?

gameluvah

I didn't! Thanks for the heads up! Fantastic news!

PsychoGoatee

Looks good! Pretty 80s/early 90s vibe to it.

TordelBack

Getting Robin Smith to draw that would probably have been cheaper!  But yeah, Perez is one of the greats, good to see him do something for the prog.

Woolly

Really don't like that cover, sorry.
Looks like it should be on a DC Dredd...

JayzusB.Christ

I'm not too familiar with most non-2000ad comic artists myself. I'd only heard his name in passing. I hate to say it but I'm with Woolly here.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JamesC

Pérez is a great artist but I don't think he's quite captured the feel of Dredd here.
A Cliff Robinson or Chris Weston cover would have been better - both have that finely detailed style and both do great Dredd.

broodblik

I agree with Woolly as well the cover does not look that great.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Darren Stephens

It's OK, but Death looks a little....little.  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

JayzusB.Christ

Still, better than Frank Miller's Megazine job.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

SIP

It's great to see Perez do a cover, and as he's an internationally recognised star artist, it can only be a positive thing for 2000ad.

maryanddavid

I love it! A little 80's but great 80's. Perez was noted for the crowds of supes, I'd love to see him do a Dredd world cover, something like this.

JayzusB.Christ

Link Prime

Love Perez natch, but can't say that cover is doing anything for me.

sheridan

Quote from: Link Prime on 10 September, 2018, 01:57:02 PM
Love Perez natch, but can't say that cover is doing anything for me.

Same here (well, I have no attachment to Perez, don't know who the guy is), but that cover seems to have the composition of a dadaist artwork - no focus (or two many focii).