Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 4650 times)

Link Prime

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #120 on: 19 April, 2017, 09:08:12 pm »
I would not be surprised if Nintendo goes the way of Sega after this (with the exception of handhelds, although I'd imagine that market is dropping thanks to ipads and the likes) since they have decent I.P and good range of classic titles. Time will tell.

Switch sales are extremely healthy by all accounts, perhaps the only issue they currently have is supplying the demand.
As James mentioned the games will ultimately be a key factor to its ongoing success, but it's been a positive launch.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

James Stacey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • Drokk! It's Souster!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 20 April, 2017, 04:00:17 pm »
Outselling the PS4 in Japan over the same launch window too.

http://kotaku.com/the-nintendo-switch-versus-the-ps4-a-japanese-sales-co-1794485970

radiator

• Bionic Fingers
  • A fry without beans is a mere meat collage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 18 May, 2017, 08:29:27 pm »
Been playing a lot of Mario Kart 8 and a little Puyo Pop/Tetris with my Switch-owning colleague recently, and I'm really impressed. As I predicted back before launch, the portability and focus on local multiplayer is a huge advantage over traditional set top consoles (which I pretty much never play any more).

I'm not going to take the plunge just yet - can't currently justify the expense, and I'm waiting to see what comes of the indie scene (and especially the Virtual Console side of things) - but I'll definitely be picking a Switch up at some point later in the year. It's a seriously great piece of kit.

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 23 May, 2017, 07:49:35 am »
I've completed my second Divine Beast and been laughing out loud at some scenes in Gerudo village. I'm gonna chill from the main quest for a while and explore and knock off a few shrines. When did games design get this good?

Oh and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is just grand and Tiny Tips is playing the shit out of King Of Fighters.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Enigmatic Dr X

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 23 May, 2017, 08:06:35 am »
The Switch is better than I hoped it could be.

Loving Wonder Boy: Dragon's Curse. I preferred Monster Land back in the day. Even so, this is tops.
Lock up your spoons!