Main Menu

Judge Dredd Mega Collection extension suggestions

Started by Trent, 11 November, 2016, 12:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trent

Judge Dredd Mega Collection extension suggestions

Per a suggestion on the main thread by Robert Ellis we can use this thread to list stories we would like to see included in any extension to the Mega Collection. Obviously any suggestions at this stage may still be included in the main run as not all volumes have been revealed but it is safe to say we know 80% of what will be in there.

abelardsnazz

I'll echo the already mentioned Graveyard Shift, Otto Sump, UnAmerican Graffiti and Kenny Who? Others I'd like to see:

Bob & Carol & Ted & Ringo
The Stupid Gun
The Executioner
Crazy Barry, Little Mo & Banana City
Twister

May add some more later.

Trent

To kick off:

Dreddverse:
Pan African Judges
Rest of  Chopper (inc Unamerican Graffitti)
Street of Dan Francisco
Marauder
Tempest
LAWLESS
ANGELIC
Any missing Missionary Man (heh)
Later Anderson

Dredd:
Graveyard Shift
Kenny Who?
Otto Sump
Dead Ringer
Bury my Knee at Wounded Heart
Death of a Legend
Judge Manners stories (Rogue Judges volume - also Falucci Tapes, Crazy Barry etc)
Judge Edgar stories from Statue of Judgement (extended version of the Blind Justice trade)
Dead Zone
Terror Rising
Every Empire Falls arc including earlier Joyce tales
Enceladus/Titan stories (might be some more by the time published)
Early McMahon Dredd annual stories
Return of Rico (has to be there for many reasons)
Vienna stories
Any Bolland, McMahon, Smith or Kennedy Dredds pre 500.
Alone in a Crowd
Beyond the Wall
Crime Files arc
The Marshall (love the art)
The Exterminator (controversial)
Apocalypse War fallout stories
Day of Chaos fallout stories
Sector House (Brothers of the Blood etc - likely in main run)
Chief Judges Man (expect this in the main run)
Snakebite
Cincinnati
Served Cold arc
End of PJ

That should do for a start, a good 20 plus volumes just there.
Love to see other thoughts or rebuttals of my suggestions. Not all are great stories per se but to my mind everything has something to commend it, if only the art in some cases and stories like Dan Francisco and Marauder add to the rounding of the Dredd universe.

The Monarch

I would be shocked if all of mm isn't in the collection since almost all the 2000ad run alones in one book

Trent

With over 400 pages still to print and given the last volume included 13 Dredd episodes I think a large chunk of the Meg one-offs might miss the cut in the first round. To be honest, as long as we get the Quitely run, the first half of the Undertaker arc and The Promised Land I will be happy but always glad to see more of Preacher Cain.

abelardsnazz

Some linking stories have already appeared that set the groundwork for later stories - Bloodlines etc. I'd like to see more of these, particularly Pirates of the Black Atlantic and the Question/Error of Judgement trilogy.

BPP

Is there a complete list of what has been printed? I have to confess to now being at the point of not remembering it all... I honestly thought we'd had Wildlands before it turned up this week....

An Xmas Dredd compilation
Insurrection.
The Fear That Made Milwalkee Famous.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Fungus

Quote from: BPP on 12 November, 2016, 03:34:02 PM
Is there a complete list of what has been printed? I have to confess to now being at the point of not remembering it all...

Wiki

abelardsnazz

Quote from: BPP on 12 November, 2016, 03:34:02 PM
Is there a complete list of what has been printed? I have to confess to now being at the point of not remembering it all... I honestly thought we'd had Wildlands before it turned up this week....

An Xmas Dredd compilation
Insurrection.
The Fear That Made Milwalkee Famous.

Insurrection is forthcoming
FTMMF is in the Horror Stories issue
Like the idea of a Christmas stories volume - A Merry Tale of the Christmas Angel would be a great inclusion.

Trent

There was the Meg floppy of Season's Beatings fairly early after they started. One of the few floppies I kept - a full volume would be a good addition.

Judge Brian

There was one b&w Inaba story that's in my Shimura trade that wasn't collected in the 2 hardbacks. I wonder what a 9 page hardcover would look like.

Tony Angelino

I don't they should extend it. There has been so much filler already. I've probably ended up selling half the ones I've bought.

I don't try to find out what is in upcoming volumes but the last 4-6 issues I've received have been pretty poor. The Luna 1 issue was just about bearable because of the cover and the inclusion of some of the Bolland strips. I would have preferred they just reprinted the whole of the Luna 1 saga from the early issues.

I think they maybe should have focussed more on the lengthy stories (like Cursed Earth, DTLD, Judge Child, The Pit) and then had other issues which mainly have the same creative team (like one with art mainly by Ron Smith, Henry Flint, Steve Dillon etc). The stories in some of the collections just seem unrelated to each other because of different creative teams or art styles.

COMMANDO FORCES

Trent

Don't say that out loud, they might hear you.
Personally, I'll take as many as they can produce and accept that you will get some duff volumes among the gems.
There is so much classic Dredd that won't make the 80 volumes that I would happily see some dross in order to get these, ideally with colour centrespreads.
Don't understand why anyone would want to stop at 80, you can just buy the ones you do like, unless you are an obsessive completist (presumably like most on this board).

COMMANDO FORCES

It's quite simple really. If you want all the Dredd stories then buy the Case Files, The IDW stuff, The Daily Star Dredd's, the CD's, The novels, the e-novellas etc...

This run was for 80 books and it should stay at 80 books.