Main Menu

GRIM RUMOURS ABOUT NEW STAR TREK:DISCOVERY SERIES

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 03 March, 2017, 01:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

The Sarek thing is apparently an attempt to explain why Sarek was on the Romulan warship in Balance Of Terror and yet also Spock's dad.  I don't know about you, but speaking as a Trekker this was definately keeping me up nights.

TordelBack

Quote from: Professor Bear on 24 July, 2017, 08:22:00 PM
The Sarek thing is apparently an attempt to explain why Sarek was on the Romulan warship in Balance Of Terror and yet also Spock's dad.  I don't know about you, but speaking as a Trekker this was definately keeping me up nights.

Where does this leave Chancellor Gorkon? Somehow I can't imagine Gul Madred as Federation ambassador to the Planet of Galactic Peace either. And as for Lwaxana's tour of duty under Captain Pike... Was that before or after Nurse Chapel recorded all the computer voices?

Thank goodness there's finally an explanation.

Dreddzilla

Tjm86

Quote from: Professor Bear on 24 July, 2017, 08:22:00 PM

I always have a problem when watching Wrath of Khan.  Khan recognises Chekhov, saying "I never forget a face."  The thing is though, Khan never met Chekhov.  Space Seed is season 1 but Pavel only appeared in season 2 and 3.  Really bugs me.

Tiplodocus

Do they explicitly say Chekhov wasn't on board in Season 1? He just might not have been BridgBridge crew.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tjm86

Fair point.  I suppose it is possible that they bumped into each other in a corridor.  Considering Khan's genetic engineering it is possible that he remembered the face and overheard someone mention Chekhov's name in passing.   :crazy:

TordelBack

That's the 'official' explanation alright - Chekov was on the 'night' shift bridge crew when he initially joined the Enterprise, and encountered Khan off-screen in the corridors somewhere.

Professor Bear

IAMTHESYSTEM

I like the idea that Burnham has 'a fall from grace' to start with and the rest of the crew judge her accordingly.
If you're down the only way is up and for the protagonist, it tends to be self-help by achieving something to counter the negative perception people have of you. That's an interesting motive for Michael to have to regain her rep amongst her colleagues as not everyone will trust or like her even after performing several good deeds. Lots of scope for conflicts there plus the primary spleen against the Klingons who aren't Russians but a reflection of whats happening with different factions in America. If current rumours about the White Houses representatives alleged collusion with Putin in the elections are true, Trump and Co are bloody Russians all right.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Professor Bear

Tom Paris was definitely the best thing about Voyager.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

The Legendary Shark

I thought The Caretaker (who was actually the best thing in Voyager) started it...?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 27 July, 2017, 12:38:50 PM
I thought The Caretaker (who was actually the best thing in Voyager) started it...?

It was the Cardies when they attacked human colonies inside their treaty borders.

800 YEARS!

Link Prime