Main Menu

Prog 2061 - Happy New Year, Bitches!

Started by Richard, 09 December, 2017, 02:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Cover Wot was Angela Merkel from Brass Sun not macho enough for the charge?
Droidlife: we're all been there..
Damage Report: DM to be collected Yeah! then bah!
Dredd: The Car-Roll + Happy Shrapnel Droids on Dredd = Happy P'Huff
Adverts: Faceache or Deadworld... not sure which as the more worth to me...Return to Oz...Hmmmm
Brass Sun:  That's some great storytelling and art right there...
and best line of the Prog: Two Thousand years later.  :lol: :lol:
mega letters page and not a Buttman in sight.... Where's yer Wull Shakespeare noo?  lets see how The Beast looks!
Savage: Is she/ Isn't she? Uncle Pat keeps us guessing, glad to see the correct sockets on the train btw...  :thumbsup:
40 years...ah mammaries!!

Bad Company... Please MO retire them for good, let them RIP.

Dead World: doesn't exist in mine lalalalalalala

Ace Trucking a final Ten ten would be nice.

ABC: I love a cheerie xmas message  :D
Starlord: Finally the truth is out there about TMO!

Top festive proggage with only a couple of not my things in there Thank you MO!

DDT did a job on me

Something Fishy

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 December, 2017, 01:07:31 PM
Quote from: Something Fishy on 11 December, 2017, 08:22:44 PM
I wonder if it went first class because you are a sub?

Typical dom thinking.

What is Dom thinking?

Anyway, it hasn't arrived yet so I'm guessing it's lost in the post.  Second class stuff seems to fail to get here more often than it arrives these days.  Terrible service.

Something Fishy

Leigh S

No post, let alone Prog, in the snowy wastes of the Birmingham Gap... any other muties in the vicinity get theirs?

Colin Zeal

Speaking as a postman who has a prog subscriber on my route, I can confirm that I delivered the latest issue on Saturday so they must have gone out.

Richard

Prodigal2

None in my part of Norn Iron either.

Bah humbug.

Proudhuff

I obvs got mine in the CalHab wastes, but no Meagzine, it that due this Saturday?
DDT did a job on me

Magnetica

A good Prog but as others have said, not very Christmassy.

Dredd now seems to be in the middle of an epic (of the new style of interlinked stories).

Uncle Pat shows he can still write good stuff with ABC Warriors and especially Savage.

I think it is time to stop Bad Company and ACE Trucking. Wrt to Bad Company, unless I have missed it, we still haven't had an explanation as to how come everyone is still alive.

Brass Sun and Deadworld are of the expected standard.

The Starlord story was ok. For me you can either take it as a joke or a comment on fake news or the way stories are portrayed based on your point of view.

I really liked the 40 year reflections Some of those chosen are also in my list of favourite moments. Others I had forgotten and this served to bring back great memories.

Verence

Was the female General in Brass Sun meant to look like German Chancellor Angela Merkel??

I can't be the only person who noticed the D.R. and Quinch cameo in the ACE Trucking story

DrRocka

I spotted DR & Quinch too - they're just behind Nemesis, emerging from the shadows!

Not really moved by the Christmas prog this year - like someone else has asked, how are Bad Co still alive? And more importantly, WHY? If you're gonna bring back a much loved strip, at least make it a damn good story that enhances the original, rather than dilutes it.

Oh good, the lyrics are back in Savage. Just when I was beginning to enjoy it too.

Everything else just seemed.... ok. Maybe I was just hoping for some Stronty.

Oh, and CHOPPER DIED AT THE END OF SUPERSURF 10!!!

....just sayin' 😉
Never ever bloody anything ever

Something Fishy

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 12 December, 2017, 08:03:04 PM
Speaking as a postman who has a prog subscriber on my route, I can confirm that I delivered the latest issue on Saturday so they must have gone out.

Ok cheers.  The guys have responded to me which is great.

Verence

Quote from: DrRocka on 13 December, 2017, 07:18:16 PM
I spotted DR & Quinch too - they're just behind Nemesis, emerging from the shadows!

I didn't notice Nemesis, probably cos I was so surprised at seeing DR and Quinch  :lol:

Bolt-01

Prog arrived last night so I've just caught up with the Thread...

As year end progs go this was one of my faves in recent years.

I've got to disagree with folks not liking the ACE Trucking strip- this was the first one that IMO hit the spot. Eddie Robsons script was almost spot on for me (I always see Ace as similar to Sam Slade, he thinks he's got a plan but it always goes pears-up and he has to wing it) but Nigel's art was just sublime. Yeah, he's not Massimo, but no-one is. Nigel shouldn't even try to mimic Massimo's style, just be himself.

Thought the Dredd was a solid hit- but then I expect nothing less from the creative team.

I'm sure there's more to say, but right now that's all I wanted to rant about...

Prodigal2

I went out to the shops and bought my Chrimbo special. Not bad but not my favourite among Chrimbo issues of the past few years.

I'm still getting over the brilliant Dredd take on the snowman of last year(?). Boy that sat with me for some time for reasons I am still not quite sure of.