Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

I am off up to A+E right now as luckily its only less than 10 minutes walk away from here and also my Mum insists on it like you are doing.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

It turns out its muscle strain .They seemed pretty certain about that.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 29 December, 2009, 02:54:09 PM
It turns out its muscle strain .They seemed pretty certain about that.

ooooh, I've had that across the ribs - hurts like a motherfunter. I'm still suffering from a shoulder/arm injury sustained by falling over pissed on 5th Dec - it's not clearing up, so I might need to bite the bullet and go and see my niece, who's a physioterrorist, but she'll cause me pain and have no sympathy.

SmallBlueThing

Glad you got to A&E Peter- always best to check it out. Last year I had all the signs of a heart attack one night- sweaty, creeping numbness and pain all down one arm, intense chest pains, babbling nonsense, bad breathing. My wife called the ambulance and I was rushed off to A&E. And therein lies another story: One in which I was told it was a "panic attack" (for no reason? Really? Despite no history of them, and no overt stress?), hooked up to a beeping machine for six hours, accused by hatchet-faced nurses of being someone who "comes in regularly with phantom symptoms" (despite never having been in hospital in my adult life- except when my wife had our children, and when I've had to take service users or my kids in for checkups) and kicked out at 4am, in just a tshirt, with no help to find the exit and left to wander the freezing carpark hoping to flag down a taxi.

In a follow up to my tale of woe from yesterday, I spoke to the police today. I was reassured that I was completely in the right, and was given a crime number.

SBT

Kerrin

Glad to hear that Peter (well glad that it's not more serious if you see what I mean). I've had that myself, thought I was having a bloody heart attack. Sod's law of course that despite doing heavy lifting every working day it was while I was picking up a sock. Scared me shitless and as DDD says, it hurts like a bastard.

And my sympathies to all fellow squaxx who've been having a crap festive season.

TordelBack

Well done for doing that, Peter, glad it's not more serious, although it still most definitely spugs.

Mike Gloady

Good news Peter.  Glad you got it looked at, always better to be glared at by a medical professional (who shouldn't be in the job if that's their attitude - see Steev's post) for "taking the mick" than actually taking a risk with your health.  Hope it clears up soon.

Hugs to all.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

Thanks for all your kind words and advice everyone and sharing your various stories because it really helped as i was in extreme pain .

It also makes you realise how lucky we are having the NHS available anytime we want it.I only had to wait 10 minutes before being seen to as well.

Ibuprofen seems to be doing the trick now.....  :D

Dandontdare

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 29 December, 2009, 04:44:23 PM
In a follow up to my tale of woe from yesterday, I spoke to the police today. I was reassured that I was completely in the right, and was given a crime number.

That story must've made an impression on me, 'cos it (and you!) cropped up in a bizarre dream last night. I was recounting to some friends the tale of some mad old lady harrssing a friend's kids, when (in that dream-like way that makes no sense) you were there in person to finish the story. Wierdly though, you looked like the various pics of yourself you've posted, except really fat and bloated - your face was about twice the size as normal, and all red and blotchy, with red-rimmed eyes. I remember telling you that you really didn't look well (and thinking that you'd been cheating or photoshopping your online photos)!

This was only a minor part of a long convoluted dream, but make of it what you will!

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 December, 2009, 05:07:10 PM

That story must've made an impression on me, 'cos it (and you!) cropped up in a bizarre dream last night. I was recounting to some friends the tale of some mad old lady harrssing a friend's kids, when (in that dream-like way that makes no sense) you were there in person to finish the story. Wierdly though, you looked like the various pics of yourself you've posted, except really fat and bloated - your face was about twice the size as normal, and all red and blotchy, with red-rimmed eyes. I remember telling you that you really didn't look well (and thinking that you'd been cheating or photoshopping your online photos)!

This was only a minor part of a long convoluted dream, but make of it what you will!

I make of it, Mister Dan, that you've been spying on me! Cos that's exactly how I feel right now!

SBT

Roger Godpleton

I may or may not have been drinking an entire bottle of whiskey which was a good idea at the time.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dandontdare

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 29 December, 2009, 05:09:28 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 December, 2009, 05:07:10 PM

I make of it, Mister Dan, that you've been spying on me! Cos that's exactly how I feel right now!

SBT

Damn, found out! And can you ask your missus to stop drawing the curtains when she's rehearsing...  ;)

But seriously, this wasn't Xmas bloat, you looked like Rab C Nesbitt! The night before I dreamed my whole family were playing fruit machines in some huge arcade/hotel complex, but it turned out to be in the middle of a cult's compound - they'd walled off an entire section of town, shops, houses etc. Me an my brother were wandering around nonchalantly looking for an excape route through which we could get ourselves and our aged parents out! That one made no sense whatsoever!

Peter Wolf

The more i think about it seems like what i have got is some kind of chest infection or pneumonia as all the symptoms i have got confirm this but curiously i havent had a cough to go with it.I have been coughing up phlegm with blood in it which is typical of a chest infection/pneumonia.

It also seems to be on its way out after 48 hrs which isnt bad going.Either it wasnt a particularly aggressive virus or bacteria or whatever it is that causes it or i have a very efficient immune system because i feel relatively OK today.

Raw Garlic is good for colds because it contains high concentrations of Vit D.

Glad you got to A&E Peter- always best to check it out. Last year I had all the signs of a heart attack one night- sweaty, creeping numbness and pain all down one arm, intense chest pains, babbling nonsense, bad breathing. My wife called the ambulance and I was rushed off to A&E. And therein lies another story: One in which I was told it was a "panic attack" (for no reason? Really? Despite no history of them, and no overt stress?), hooked up to a beeping machine for six hours, accused by hatchet-faced nurses of being someone who "comes in regularly with phantom symptoms" (despite never having been in hospital in my adult life- except when my wife had our children, and when I've had to take service users or my kids in for checkups) and kicked out at 4am, in just a tshirt, with no help to find the exit and left to wander the freezing carpark hoping to flag down a taxi.

SBT

I had very severe chest pain once which i think was stress related.I went to a hospital and had X Rays and curiously i never heard anything from the hospitaql as it wasnt followed up."Phantom symptoms" or not its no joke as i thought i was having a heart attack or Angina.

Another incident of severe pain that wasnt explained was after going out for a meal on Xmas day in Battle with my family years ago.I got home and had severe chest pain which got worse and worse to the point i was lying on the bed in complete agony.Thankfully i passed out at about 5am and then woke up the next day and felt fine as if nothing had happened.

Albion

.....my neighbours are arseholes.

They've lived next to us for about three years now and barely a day has gone by without a blazing row that we get to hear because of thin walls and the fact they can't do anything quietly.

They have two small children and on Christmas morning we could hear the kids were up at about 7 o' clock. Nothing wrong with that but what kind of parent goes in to the kids room and says "Why are you up so fucking early? Get back to bed!"

New Years Eve topped it all though. They went out. We had some peace, went to bed and I was having a lovely sleep until they get home at 3.30am.
Massive argument, physical violence, one of them ends up with "superficial knife wounds" and 3 Police cars, 1 van and an ambulance come to sort it all out.

Nice quiet day today though and a lovely dinner at home with Mrs Albion's family.

Happy New Year!
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

wild-seven

QuoteThey have two small children and on Christmas morning we could hear the kids were up at about 7 o' clock. Nothing wrong with that but what kind of parent goes in to the kids room and says "Why are you up so fucking early? Get back to bed!"

answer to your question - mine!
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow