Main Menu

Bristol COn update....

Started by Dan Kelly, 10 March, 2005, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

That doesn't work FQ.  Do you want me to go back and replace 'your' with [my] or [one's] so it does?

If I said your house was on fire, would you come round to my house with a bucket?

Byron Virgo

Oh, for God's sake! I've got better things to do with my time than explain the bleeding obvious (well, actually I haven't, but that's hardly the point, is it?)!

I was making a point of the fact that Bolt felt he needed to point out that his statement was actually a joke, whilst  he completely failed to mention that his request as to "How much do you charge?" was also a joke (which it obviously was).

Now don't pester me again!

Honestly, this country...

Bolt-01

Sorry for any confusion PVS, I was implying that you were earning your printers fees in that time honoured tradition of Selling yourself.

However, due to being a pencil monkey it didn't work very well.

Can we leave this now and get back to who's coming to Bristol for the Expo?

Bolt-01

WoD

I'll be there...hotel is booked...tickets not yet bought...really looking forward to it, as it's my first Con...

paulvonscott

No worries Bolt, I was happy to let your comments go, but when your pimps started...

paulvonscott

Obviously most of it is spent accusing each other of being prostitutes and the arguments over grammar and who meant what, but generally it's a lot of fun, WoD.

You can probably buy tickets on the day to be honest.

Dudley

Paul, the "your" in your original sentence was ambiguous since you were replying to Shaz, not directly to Bou, which is why the house on fire thing doesn't stand.  Would you run up to Shaz and say "your house is on fire", meaning Bou's?

Anyway, which superstars are going to be at Bristol?

WoD

Didn't I just say I was going...you mean to say you need more than that???

paulvonscott

I could have replied to Bou's post, but I wasn't replying to her comment, I was adding to Shaz's.  I didn't mention Bou's name because she was the sole subject of the 'get a room' discussion.

My post is only ambiguous out of context and even then, it doesn't refer to myself.  If you didn't read the content of Shaz's post you could think I was talking directly to her, but think that's it.

I'm not sure I should have to worry too much about what I psot for fear some strange joke should be made (unless Wils is about, then vigilence is at it's upmost neccesity).

paulvonscott

Bugger, I missed an important e-bay auction talking this crap, that's it for me, I'm off until I get some more abuse.

Queen Firey-Bou

hmmm, nice conversation, i get to pay double what everyone else is cos i'm a fecking female, & also get called a prostitute in my absence.

that really makes me feel better about being Bou no mates & travelling the other end of the country by myself just to be some minority intrest geek fan groupie sad wannabe. maybe i'd be more dignified saving my money towards the leave the country & get a life fund.

( but then i'm not having a great day, having worked 13 hours with 4 bits of toast, no lunch, no tea, no sit down or tea break for ten of thouse hours, my personal life is wuthering heights & jane ayre combo & my gran died this morning.. oh and joy it starts again in 6.5 hours..except i've no more grans to lose, so finding that people are talking about me & prostitution behind my back is just great )

cheers guys you know how to make a girl feel respected.

paulvonscott

Well, as pedantry has been the order of the day, nobody called you a prostitute, Bou.  

Sorry to hear about your gran.

Bolt-01

Bou, nobody called you anything.

Sorry to hear about your gran.

Dave