Main Menu

Prop sale

Started by Steve Green, 26 October, 2012, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

PISSED OFF MOAN ALERT!      PISSED OFF MOAN ALERT!      PISSED OF MOAN ALERT!

I had a lovely call earlier from the Prop Store (this was earlier than I was gonna get up for a meeting at Sams school meeting today, so that made my day even better).

It seems that certain people are upset at the way I am bidding before they can all attempt a snipe at the end of the auction.

I'm not a person who uses snipe and never will, as I prefer to bid when I like and if I miss the end of the auction then tough shit on me. That has only happened once when I was in Spain and forgot the time difference and lost out on two items I had been looking for for over ten years (I actually groaned out loud in the internet cafe in Barcelona) but I have them now!

I've just read ebays guff about this and it was quite informative really and here is one small part from a long list:-

In our opinion, if you are a serious buyer, the best strategy is:
Bid your highest amount as early as possible, then leave it to eBay's proxy system and fate.
Add a lucky penny or two (perhaps a few pounds for higher value items).
The only way that sniping might pay is for someone who has little interest in buying the items for use, but whose only motivation is to buy a bargain, in which case, he has turned into a professional or amateur dealer.If that's how you want to earn money, all well and good, but most people can earn more doing their regular job.

So it seems that bidding early is the best way, well fuck me sideways with a plank! So all those fuckers slagging me off so that they can snipe the item at the end can take a running leap. If I want to bid for something and the price goes out of my range, unfuckinglucky me. That is the way I play online and in real auctions where mates are, who I can see with my own eyes, are bidding against me. In the end it's all part of the fun of bidding in auctions. I actually told the extremely polite lady on the phone that snipers make me sick and if they like an auction to be like that,  then why don't you advertise the auction so it lasts only 5 minutes and they can all play that way!

If I want to write stuff on here about what a laugh I'm having because I've been a Dredd fan since the start of the progs run and have stuck with it, even when I've been posted abroad for six months at a time, then great! These moaners have probably only just come into the fold because of the Dredd film (which is good) but probably will NEVER buy the prog, then I couldn't give two shits if you are upset.

Obviously my collection cost bugger all over the years to compile and commissions are cheap as chips as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again if I didn't bid on something then how on earth could I call myself a fan and if I want to bid at the start then so fucking what. I'm actually stunned that people and I can guess where they have come from have complained because they might now be out of the running. That's life, we all can't have everything now can we!

On a final note and with all my joking aside from earlier posts. I do have the cash to go a certain amount but even I have my limits to what I am prepared to pay. That doesn't mean I can't afford it, far from it. I have numerous factors that help me decide how much I will pay for an item but I ain't gonna type them all down here and give my thinking away!

I feel better now getting that out of my system >:D

P.S. I apologise with the real world swearing, as I normally do Dredd words but I was furious as I typed this lot!

James Stacey

All power to your Fingers CF. I always bid early and despise snipers. 

Trout

Hang on... You got a call from the sellers because someone complained that you had been bidding? Don't they want to sell stuff? What lunacy.

A bid is a bid. It is always binding, whatever your intentions, so you must be prepared to pay before you bid.

Are any of the complainers members here? If so, I'd be interested in their explanation for complaining. I just don't understand this.

Michaelvk

Whinging arseholes who snipe at the last second by jumping your bid by 50p can fuck right off.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

judda fett

Utterly mental. Hate that shit.

Michaelvk

...besides, if anyone deserves the good stuff in that auction, it's you, CF.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

opaque

If it's the Prop Store phoning you to complain then I'd be putting in a complaint to Ebay (once you've got your wins of course!)saying they are harassing you. If people are complaining about you actually bidding (and of course it's not just you) then that's their problem, not Prop Store's and certainly not yours. That is ridiculous.

You put in your bids when you want to, doesn't matter when. If it's something I really want to keep an eye on I might make a minimal bid (as I have done with a few of the dredd things, which have of course rocketed over what I would pay) or my maximum bid to get it out of the way but I'd still probably be watching at close if I could as you never know.

Maybe if you have the top bid CF and then get sniped maybe you should phone up Prop Store and complain to them? :P

LARF

I had a call from the Prop Store on Friday to see if I existed, because I only have a score of 3 on ebay (don't normally use it).

Steven Sterlacchini

Weird.

A bid is a bid, not sure what their problem is?

If your bid won, you would purchase it. What more can they ask for?

The only complaint I ever have is when people get their friends to bid you up, then when they get caught with winning their own item, relist it, or even worse come back to you saying the winning bid fell through and would you like to buy it at your last highest bid.

COMMANDO FORCES

I think some of them are getting annoyed as I'm laughing about the auction and they think (without giving all my strategy away) I'm not taking things seriously. Obviously I do have more serious things to worry about in my life than an auction and that's my family but mainly Sam and his future life.

Perhaps they don't like me encouraging other fans on here to try and win stuff as well. Heaven forbid any fan that's a member of the 2000AD online community would want to try and win one item from the subject they enjoy! Perhaps they thing I have no money and I've made the cellar of Dredd up and that Planet Replicas uniform cost £35 or that all the Judge Minty fans were paid to drive around the country to locations by Steve to do something we love, etc.. I could go on and on but a list would become boring!

#Opaque It was the Prop Store and after they had I had an email fom ebay saying

This message is an automated reply to a contact information request made by propstore_auction.

Important Usage Guidelines:

1. This contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay. Any other use is strictly prohibited.
2. Use of this information to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not permitted. Items purchased outside of eBay are not eligible for eBay services.

The lady mentioned that they had been asked to look on this forum to see what I had written, by whoever had complained. Which I found very Orwellian but as I have nothing to hide, unlike the snipers then I couldn't care less. I was more annoyed initially due to waking me up early!

As said earlier If I really didn't have the money, would I even risk it. I may be the ex-squaddie but even I know not to upset Carolyn, as my life would become unbearable :-X

sheldipez

What bunch of morons are running these auctions? Hard to believe they've been on ebay since 2003, they obviously have no idea how it works.

blackmocco

Fuck these people. What do they care anyway...? They get paid regardless of who wins the auction, CF.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Steven Sterlacchini

Perhaps if they read a little deeper in to the forum, they'd have realised if anyone was serious about buying this sort of stuff (sorry treasure), it was CF.

Almost like ringing up a potential valued customer and insulting them. I doubt any of the big money screen used collectors are concerned by this, they will already know the rough potential 'value' of these items.

These items are going to find their price - that's the point of an auction.

opaque

If they were that bothered about making sure people were real etc they could have done an auction that required you to register first. But they didn't.
Very weird behaviour.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me