Main Menu

The Complete Skizz

Started by Smith, 14 June, 2017, 11:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

I will try to keep this short.The first story is the star of the collection(and the only part I read before). Everyone here probably knows what its about.Second story(Alien cultures) is perfectly okay,and the third(Gunlords of Omega Ceti) isn't really worth it.Bonuses are a few covers and pin-ups and words from Moore and Baikie.But despite the weak third part,its a good investment.

Hawkmumbler

Got my copy yesterday, man can that Baiki draw or what?...

Smith

Greg M.

I remember kinda enjoying Bk 3 when it was published - it was daft yet intriguing. At the time, I enjoyed the [spoiler]unexpected Judge Dredd retcon crossover[/spoiler], and Baikie drawing [spoiler]Chopper[/spoiler] again was fun. (Actually, Baikie drawing anything is fun.) Reading it again now, I could barely make it to the end - it doesn't really hold up. Bk 2, on the other hand, I had totally forgotten about - it's aged far better, and is generally pretty great. Attempt at controversy: I think I may like it more than Bk 1.

Colin YNWA

I'll stand up for Book 3. It's a wonderfully engaging piece of nonsense that cheerfully throws so many silly but enticing things in it more than covers it's weaknesses.

Something Fishy

I got this one.  Loved story one, the star of the show for sure

The art was lovely throughout and the other two stories were fine, not Moore standard but still good fun I thought.

JLC

Only read book one so might pick this up.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 June, 2017, 04:34:23 PM
I'll stand up for Book 3. It's a wonderfully engaging piece of nonsense that cheerfully throws so many silly but enticing things in it more than covers it's weaknesses.
Aye, i'll share these sentiments. Book III is no classicof the prog but is still very much a fun old time, cameos and all.

Daveycandlish

Was book 3 ever released as a collection in its own right back in the day? I know the first two were, I've got them.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!