Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Other peoples' children.

How true this statement is: "Children are like farts. You quite like your own, but can't stand someone else's"
Lock up your spoons!

Old Tankie

People parking in disabled bays who are not disabled.  I really hope they find out themselves one day why the disabled bays are there.

Cars parking on the pavements, stopping people in wheelchairs, and on mobility scooters, getting past and thus forcing them into the road.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Old Tankie on 26 April, 2014, 08:39:57 PM
People parking in disabled bays who are not disabled.  I really hope they find out themselves one day why the disabled bays are there.

Cars parking on the pavements, stopping people in wheelchairs, and on mobility scooters, getting past and thus forcing them into the road.

I worked in a car park for a few years. If you didn't didn't know any better, you'd assume the rules just didn't apply to BMWs. They wouldn't always take a disabled bay though. Sometimes they'd take 2.
You may quote me on that.

Goaty

This idiot girl cut her arm and post photo of it on Facebook this morning cos she feels alone. Why people do that to want an attention. :(

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Goaty on 27 April, 2014, 09:18:31 AM
This idiot girl cut her arm and post photo of it on Facebook this morning cos she feels alone. Why people do that to want an attention. :(
People like this piss me off because this isn't depression manifested as slef harm. This is attention seeking, pure and simple. People who are so fed up with their own existance that they feel the need to harm themselves to relieve the pain generally have to many insecurities to make these act's public. Their also a very deffinet differnece between shallow cuts made for effect and those applied by a manic depressive

TordelBack

No doubt.  But there still have to be serious problems there of a different sort to end up with that kind of behaviour. 

JamesC

It doesn't piss me off it just makes me a bit sad.
I think that as a society, we do a pretty bad job of educating our young people, of giving them a sense of purpose and of allowing them to be themselves. Many teenagers and young people are just trying out different 'roles' as a method of attempting self expression. That they can't find a better way to express themselves isn't totally their fault.
I guess in a simplistic way you could call it 'attention seeking' but what's so wrong with that? We're social creatures and we all want attention from someone.

Hawkmumbler

I do think their is a serious difference between seeking the approval of those around you and just doing something "saddening" to get attention from people who don't know you.

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 26 April, 2014, 07:37:12 PM
Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 25 April, 2014, 05:00:38 AM
My opinion on this is... If you genuinely cannot afford to pay an employee a decent wage... You should not be an employer.

May I please add:

QuoteIf you do not want to pay an employee a decent wage... You should not be an employer.

Well quite! But an amazing amount of employers plead poverty when things like national insurance rates go up.

I don't believe them... And those lieing little scrot bags probably make up 99.9% of them.... But they won't admit it and there is possibly a couple of honest ones desperately trying to keep / start up a business and not wanting to sack their employees because they actually might care.

mogzilla

hardly fair to call her an idiot,it could be a cry for help.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Fungus

Quote from: mogzilla on 27 April, 2014, 04:40:02 PM

hardly fair to call her an idiot,it could be a cry for help.

'Idiot' doesn't help.

The Doctor Alt 8

Self harm is a serious issue...
And I am willing to bet that it is an underrated a d that there are many forms not recognized by the medical professions.

If by this post she gets the help she clearly knows she needs... Then that is a good thing. At least hopefully others in her position will contact her with help & support.

Hawkmumbler

Thing is with the current generation (i.e. My own) is that media hysteria seem's to be burnt into our systems regarding 'mental health' and 'how to cope with it'. Rather than simply be allowed to be sad for one reason or another the media would rather build up massive complexes and statistics. It's bloody disorientating and was a major factor for my own break down.

Goaty

I am sorry as idiot is not wrong word, as notice as she post a picture of very little cut, but not cutting or bleed, but she post that she want to cut more with scissor cos no-one talk to her (friends/family but I notice her post was at 6.30am on Sunday!!!)

I knew some people who is self-harmers, but they hide it not show it to people. and this girl only 32, and want attention.

mogzilla

you cannot possibly know what is going on in this womans head. 32 doesn't make you immune from mental health problems, how do you know it isn't as I said some sort of cry for help rather than "attention seeking" as you so sensitively put it not all self harmers hide it ,some do. lets just hope she gets the "attention" before she does more damage or kills herself wether she means to or not...perhaps being on facebook you could reach out to her and tell her to pull herself together.or" get over it",something helpful like that.
>:(
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.