Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Trout on 12 June, 2014, 01:35:55 PM
Oh fuck. This thread is now affected by missing-the-point-about-the-independence-referendum.

More missing the point of geography....but whatever, eh? :)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Theblazeuk

I got my free copy of the Sun. Makes a nice lining for the guinea pig hutch

The Doctor Alt 8

Well we have had our mail. but no free paper....

ZenArcade

Life long Liverpool fan: fuck the Sun and all belonging to them! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Quote from: Trout on 12 June, 2014, 01:35:55 PM
This thread is now affected by missing-the-point-about-the-independence-referendum

Trout knows what the point of the independence referendum is! Don't keep the rest of us in the dark, but please be aware that whatever answer you give will see either Salmond or Lamont holding up a print out of this thread at first minister's questions as an example of vile and hateful internet abuse.

Trout

Yeah, let's not.

And Proudhuff, I wasn't meaning you.

mogzilla

I'm quite looking forward to scotlands independence from the "united" kingdom might be my first foreign holiday! ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Frank

Trout

I feel a bit sorry for Campbell. He's not a bad lad.

Frank

Quote from: Trout on 12 June, 2014, 05:29:00 PM
I feel a bit sorry for Campbell. He's not a bad lad

I couldn't have told you who he was until 12 o'clock this afternoon - he's just been caught up in the silly tit-for-tat of the least interesting aspect of the debate. If this and the headlines about JK Rowling being savaged by trolls after her donation to the No, Thanks campaign are part of the unionist camp's attempts to win over or engage swithering voters, I don't think much of their strategy.

Hawkmumbler

Whats he gone and done now? :P

Theblazeuk

Whats gone and ground my gears is reading an article about the cost of the F35 fighter plane where they compared its spiraling costs with the cost of building a fleet of space shuttles.

The biggest obstacle isn't the staggering amount of money that it costs to go to space, it's that the staggering amount of money is better spent on blowing things up in shinier ways. Even when that shinier way is not necessarily going to be any better than the existing way.

8-Ball

A few months ago I expressed my stance on the independence referendum over on the Politics Thread. I was wary of it being a topic of discussion back then and, given what has been in the news of late, I am even more so now. It is too emotive an issue and life's too short for people to fall out over it - not that anybody has but there's always the danger. We're all The Mighty One's bairns.

Ah hell, what do I know? Carry on.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Theblazeuk

That's the whole point of a politics thread... it's an iso-cube for sticky discussion.

Trout

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 12 June, 2014, 05:49:35 PM
Whats he gone and done now? :P

Not that Campbell. Different Campbell.

And yes, I agree that politics should stay within its properly-ringfenced thread.