DDT did a job on me

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 December, 2012, 12:33:51 PM
wayha! Judge Dredd gets a mention in the Archers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01p424m
about a minute and a half in  :D

That was odd. Thanks.

Colin YNWA

Proof, if proof were needed, that JD is firmly embedded in the nations consciousness. Nice spot... or hear... whatever.

Proudhuff

on a similar note, does anyone know why Radcliffe and Maconie call their studio Megacity? is there a Tooth link?
DDT did a job on me

paddykafka

I can just see it now: Judge Dredd cracking heads on a Mega-City-One street while singing along to the tune from The Archers.

"Dum-dee-dum-dee-dum-dee-dum..."

Proudhuff

or a yokel version of Kennedy Who? starring LOL Crazyfox
DDT did a job on me

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 December, 2012, 12:47:12 PM
or a yokel version of Kennedy Who? starring LOL Crazyfox

YOKEL?! There bain't be nothin yokel-like about an upbringing in rural Zummerset!

Proudhuff

You are Joe Grundy and I claims my five pounds!
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 December, 2012, 03:26:24 PM
on a similar note, does anyone know why Radcliffe and Maconie call their studio Megacity? is there a Tooth link?

I don't get to listen as often since they moved to digital, so I missed the genesis of that. I'm assuming they're just riffing on BBC Manchester's plush new quarters revelling in the name Media City.

oshii

Quote from: sauchie on 07 December, 2012, 05:55:00 PM
I don't get to listen as often since they moved to digital, so I missed the genesis of that. I'm assuming they're just riffing on BBC Manchester's plush new quarters revelling in the name Media City.

Yes, that's exactly why.  Plus the fact that its all high rises and a bit American looking.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 December, 2012, 04:06:50 PM
You are Joe Grundy and I claims my five pounds!
Oh mary my!  :lol:

My step father pointed me in the direction of this the other day, he listen's to R4 cos' he's an old fart I guess.

Proudhuff

Quote from: sauchie on 07 December, 2012, 05:55:00 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 December, 2012, 03:26:24 PM

thought it would be some such. cheers
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

I thought this thread was going to be about our favourite lawman dispensing justice under the influence of a fairly repellent peach schnapps. It would certainly explain how ends up snogging some random bloke...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me