Main Menu

Ten Years Of 2000 AD - Video

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 09 October, 2015, 11:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Having finally bothered my arse to upload the dvd of this onto youtube (I'd changed it from video to disc years ago) I thought I better letter you all know, so you can enjoy watching it.

Tharg's droids Pat Mill, John Sanders, Kevin O'Neill, Mike McMahon, Martin Barker, Steve MacManus, Richard Burton, Alan Moore, Alan Grant, Mike Baron and Dave Gibbons all chat for your viewing pleasure.

Just so you know, there is one short quiet bit in the middle but that doesn't ruin it.

TEN YEARS OF 2000 AD

Dandontdare

Cool thanks, I'll watch that over the weekend.

Any idea what this was commissioned for and where it would have been seen? There was no YouTube in 1987 and I don't remember it being on telly.

antodonnell

Just watching this now and knew none of the anecdotes being discussed. Thanks for uploading it.

SuperSurfer

Nice one John.

Mick McMahon hit the spot about comics other than 2000AD being dull in the 70s. (I always wondered what he looked like back in the day.)

I have a 2000AD documentary somewhere on a video casette which I want to put onlne. It shows Alan Davis taking Harry Twenty artwork to the Nerve Centre and art editor Robin Smith saying that in future he could become as good an artist as Mike McMahon.

I recently found an old Sunday Times magazine interview with John Sanders, John Wagner and Alan Grant. Will scan that and upload it soon.

Fungus

COMMANDO FORCES

I don't think it was ever on the telly.

I honestly can't remember where I bought from or when but it was in an official box, I think. That's in the house somewhere but I did a quick transfer of it onto a disc, when I borrowed one of those video to dvd players ages ago, so only the disc is handy at the moment.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying it, as it deserves to be seen.

Nic_Freeman

Awesome, thank you for uploading. I was searching for this on YouTube just last week.

Colin YNWA

Wow thanks for doing that John that's going to be a joy to watch - can't wait.

I might be entirely wrong but wasn't this offered in the comic and you bought it there. I seem to remember something like this, but my memory isn't what it was and is not to be trusted!

sheridan

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 October, 2015, 06:18:50 PM
Wow thanks for doing that John that's going to be a joy to watch - can't wait.

I might be entirely wrong but wasn't this offered in the comic and you bought it there. I seem to remember something like this, but my memory isn't what it was and is not to be trusted!

I was going to say the same - so the ad must have appeared somewhere around Prog 520 (which was a tad over ten years after the first prog, due to those strikes after the first episode of Halo Jones).  Anyway, I didn't have a VCR at the time but remember there was an advert for... something.

maryanddavid

Great stuff Commando, I had only heard of this so its great to finally see it.
Super Surfer, I's love to see that interviews, especially with Robin Smith and John Sanders.

The pic below may clear up the origin of the 10 Years video, its an ad from Speakeasy number 94 January '89

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Nice one MaryandDavid. I didn't read Speakeasy much (though did a few times) I wonder if they advertised elsewhere?

maryanddavid

Acme were the publishers of Speakeasy at the time, so I suppose that why the ad for Acme videos appears. I don't recall the ad appearing anywhere else.

JOE SOAP

I bought the 10 years video and a few others in the same series, featuring Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons etc. from the production company. They were cheaply made - look like they were shot on VHS - and not really broadcast standard.

Geoff

I had this video too, but it was lost during various house moves. Along with other casualties like my Judge Dredd candle and full height Bolland door poster...

It'll be great to see this vid again, thanks for posting.