Main Menu

Meg 381 - Scales of Justice!

Started by Richard, 11 February, 2017, 03:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Cow

Quote from: Frank on 17 February, 2017, 07:06:49 AM
Maybe Sector Zero and whatever Smiley's up to will turn out to be two facets of the same organisation.

Personally, I'd love to see the opposite: Sector Zero going head-to-head against Smiley's Gang.

The idea of two secret underground organisations, each unaware of the other, clashing as they try to hit a target at the same time ... well, that smacks of old-school Future Shock and is very 2000 AD.

Perhaps the Carroll & Williams droids are already conspiring together, in the darkened corner of a pub somewhere...?

Steve Green

Quote from: sheridan on 16 February, 2017, 11:38:52 PM
Have we ever visited North America in Strontium Dog?  In fact, Earth was pretty much off-limits - there was a visit to Antartic City, but the only other visits I can recall involved Stonehenge, Milton Keynes and not much else - which only suggests that Brit-Cit won't survive in its current (largely unexplored) state.

A couple of times.

I think his sister and her family had settled in America in an early story, McCarthy/Gibson art?.

And I'm pretty sure in the Mork Whisperer, Galactico's estate was in North America

Then the american far right mercenaries turned up in Dogs of War. (I was half expecting them to be some kind of future/alternate judges, when they talked about the Americans)

I thought Sharpesville in Journey into Hell might have been the US, but I don't think that one is definite.

Richard

We saw the President in the White House in Dogs of War.

That could of course be a rebuilt White House and not necessarily on the east coast.

Mardroid

I do remember Brit-cit featuring in one of the modern Strontium Dog stories, so I guess one Megacity is alive and running. That being said, didn't I read somewhere that London is just a crater in the SD continuity? That would suggest Brit-cit is smaller than it's Dredd-era counterpart.

Anyhow, I enjoyed the [spoiler]Kreelman gag,[/spoiler] although I wouldn't read too much into it... although it's fun.  :lol:

A decent prog all round, I think. I was a bit puzzled with the Pause character in Kingdom being referred to as a 'hybrid' as i thought all the Aux were essentially hybrids. I know the main aux, personified by Gene and co, are based on canine DNA, but as they are bipedal and essentially humanoid, I figured there was human DNA in the mix as well. I guess the gene wizards (no pun intended) might have found a way to alter the canine genome to give them human characteristics (i.e. main body shape, hands and bipedal) without splicing in human DNA, but I got the impression Pause may be using the word 'hybrid' in a different context here.

This doesn't ruin the story, it's still good. Just gives me something to think about, as I'm easily fascinated like that.

Magnetica

Quote from: Mardroid on 17 February, 2017, 01:47:26 PM
A decent prog all round, I think. I was a bit puzzled with the Pause character in Kingdom.....

Er, this is the Meg thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's all this talk about Strontium Dog....

Mardroid

Whoops! Your right!

My silly brain...

Anyhow. This was good to...

I've yet to read the VCs.

Mardroid

Or 'you're right' even. I'm blaming the phone. (Edit capability, has gone in the past message.)

Pegasus P Artichoke

Wow

That Dredd story was a corker, fantastic stuff and hopefully an introduction to an interesting recurring character, but an absolute belter of a strip. A+ go to the top of the class

Tales From The Black Museum I do enjoy when they appear as they remind me of the Tales From The Crypt I used to love reading and watching on the telly

Anderson was a good one this week no complaints

Lawless is its usual faultless self for me

Just need to read the floppy now 
We'll give them back their heroes

Magnetica

Quote from: Pegasus P Artichoke on 17 February, 2017, 07:59:21 PM
That Dredd story was a corker, fantastic stuff and hopefully an introduction to an interesting recurring character

Ok...so is someone going to tell him, or do I have to? Seems like your territory Frank.

Colin YNWA

Lawless is its usual faultless self for me

Yeah in all this over excited conjecture about a cute little ending to a Dredd tale and people are losing sight of the fact that it matters nowt 'cos everything pales in the shadow of the burning glory that is Lawless.

All hail Lawless!

Frank

Quote from: Magnetica on 17 February, 2017, 08:46:01 PM
Seems like your territory, Frank

I'm not rostered for Board Killjoy this weekend. I swapped shifts with Sheridan.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 February, 2017, 08:47:48 PM
Fuckity fuckity fuck how the hell does Lawless keep getting better. I mean its always been good, no belting, no mind melting superb BUT still this episode gets to be the best yet. How the chuff do Abnett and Winslade manage that... huh HOW I asks ya. What demon now has their very souls, sold so they could produce the best comic strip this side of... well this side if NAFF ALLcos its just THE BEST COMIC STRIP...

... I'm getting over excited aren't I...

... but it bloody well deserves it!

Elsewhere everything is fine. I defo take Cosh's point about the end of Dredd, but I just took it as a cute nod to the fans and nowt more. A fun story with a nice little bite at the end... I'd prefer if it went nowhere.

Black Museum was kinda fun and looked great, as was Anderson... well actually I really enjoyed Anderson but nothing, NOTHING will survive the white heat of glory that is Lawless. Its blown my tiny comic mind.
Yeah pretty much this. An absolutely scortching Meg, what good times to ve reading the fold.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Frank on 17 February, 2017, 08:56:06 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 17 February, 2017, 08:46:01 PM
Seems like your territory, Frank

I'm not rostered for Board Killjoy this weekend. I swapped shifts with Sheridan.

Shirley its Jim's turn?
DDT did a job on me

Robin Low

Quote from: Mardroid on 17 February, 2017, 01:47:26 PM
I do remember Brit-cit featuring in one of the modern Strontium Dog stories, so I guess one Megacity is alive and running. That being said, didn't I read somewhere that London is just a crater in the SD continuity? That would suggest Brit-cit is smaller than it's Dredd-era counterpart.

You know, the reason why all the humans move to the coast in Robo-Hunter, leaving the robots to run the place, is to limit the casualties of the war the Brit-Cit authorities know is coming...

No... no... must resist...

Regards,

Robin

sheridan

Wow

That Dredd story was a corker, fantastic stuff and hopefully an introduction to an interesting recurring character, but an absolute belter of a strip. A+ go to the top of the class

Glad you liked the Dredd story - and it shows that those who say you need to be familiar with forty years of 2000AD continuity to have enjoyed it were wrong!  The reason for that is because Bunky is [spoiler]Nelson Bunker Kreelman - a character who first appeared around Prog 200 (200, not 2000) and is the father of Johnny Alpha, and we found out about in Portrait of a Mutant.  The collection I linked to also has a follow-up story which I won't say anything about.[/spoiler]