Main Menu

I'm girt

Started by Floyd-the-k, 25 January, 2006, 03:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

Happy Australia Day for tomorrow!

A quick google of our national anthem will reveal that "our land is girt by sea".  So is yours, and a lot of other people's, but we've put it in the anthem.

I plan to celebrate in a patriotic frenzy by not going to work.  As usual the government will try to get us excited by this, but posting this message is as frenzied as I get.

oh, and here's an Australian flaghttp://www.anbg.gov.au/images/flags/aboriginal.gif">

thrillpowerseeker

Max Kon

when did they change to that?

Conexus

Didn't you hear Max,the Aussies finally got their shit together  and finally became a republic.Yay them!*

looks extremely boring for an aboriginal flag though- this would be a much better design
http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/ART/ART239/SDC002.jpg>

*it is A Australian flag Max, not THE

Conexus

*An Australian flag, even

SamuelAWilkinson

On initial reading of this thread, I thought it was Floyd confessing "I'm a git".

Just to be sure: are you, Floyd?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Max Kon

*it is A Australian flag Max, not THE

not only did you get it wrong, but i never made an error, so what were you correcting?

KingPhone

they haven't officially changed to that, but it's the aboriginal flag and hence an Australian flag. I like it.

Conexus

my first statement was a joke you ejjit, mocking you!

Buddy

My work mate has almost completed his emigration to Oz, just about a month to go.

So in celebration of his moving down under, we'll be celebrating Australia Day by drinking Fosters in the pub.

G'day!!

Floyd-the-k

Fegbar; I hope not. It's bad enough being girt by sea.

Conexus; I think the aboriginals have suffered enough.

Uncle Umpty; gidday to you!  You bewt!

yours ridgy didgishly,

Floyd

Carlsborg Expert

Shameful statement but, the fozzies are my post pub drink this morning.

ooerk.How deprived of the sun I feel, that makes up the fuller Australian experience.And a tit for posting about fosters exploits at this point in the morning. On a week day!Gah.