Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I enjoyed that, but c'mon mate, pick up the pace - my great-grandchildren will be reading witty reviews of Necropolis at this rate!

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 May, 2019, 11:27:39 PM
I enjoyed that, but c'mon mate, pick up the pace - my great-grandchildren will be reading witty reviews of Necropolis at this rate!

I should add that I'm also updating the 2000ADopedia while I'm going along, and finding out just how many characters called George, Charlie, Alf, Karl and Whitey there are.

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 May, 2019, 11:27:39 PM

Not that any of that's an excuse - at my current rate around 70 or 80 progs, megs, specials and books have been released in the time it took me to cover the first annual and a prog.  Even if Rebellion stopped publishing tomorrow, it'd be one or two geological epochs until I caught up...

sheridan

And another - Prog 30: Destroy! Destroy! Destroy! (the Supercover Saga story all about a giant robot designed to kill pigeons*).

*it was the seventies...

sheridan

I would have posted this yesterday, but I had a birthday party to go to.

Prog 30 - the one with the Return of Rico!

sheridan

I'm going to experiment on this one - to avoid posting two blogposts on the same day, I've scheduled the following to be published on wordpress tomorrow at 07:30 - let's see how it works!

Prog 31: Alert! Alert! Emergency touchdown - Pad 5, get the clean-up crew, fast!.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 27 May, 2019, 09:15:32 PM
I'm going to experiment on this one - to avoid posting two blogposts on the same day, I've scheduled the following to be published on wordpress tomorrow at 07:30 - let's see how it works!

Wordpress seems to have timezone problems - it knows I'm in London but doesn't understand how British Summer Time works, so it may go live at 08:30 instead of 07:30...

Tjm86

Quote from: sheridan on 27 May, 2019, 10:36:10 PM

Wordpress seems to have timezone problems - it knows I'm in London but doesn't understand how British Summer Time works, so it may go live at 08:30 instead of 07:30...

Not a major problem, most of my year 9 class have a similar problem with time full stop, never mind BST ...

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 28 May, 2019, 02:39:06 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 27 May, 2019, 10:36:10 PM

Not a major problem, most of my year 9 class have a similar problem with time full stop, never mind BST ...

I have the same problem too - I may physically be present at work, but until I've had that first cup of the day my mind takes a while to catch up ;)

SpaceSpinner2000

Glad you're back at it! I had initially thought to update the wiki as well as the start of Spinner, but early on I learned about Barney so I didn't go forward with it. You're doing good work!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 29 May, 2019, 01:46:30 AM
Glad you're back at it! I had initially thought to update the wiki as well as the start of Spinner, but early on I learned about Barney so I didn't go forward with it. You're doing good work!

Thanks!

I must confess that I've been listening to your early podcasts (covering the same annual and progs) to help give me inspiration, hence a link regarding the Star Warriors in today's post:

Prog 32: You will not defeat me, human! The Silver Cyborg shall destroy you and your planet!

Everything Comes Back to 2000AD started doing podcasts about early progs as well, though I'm not sure they made it as far as 32...

sheridan

sheridan

Prog 34: The Day the Earth Burned.

The day in question was in 2010.  Mention is made in Judge Dredd about the how Weather Control hasn't been set to Winter since 2019...

sheridan

Prog 35: All Earthmen must die!  Take no prisoners!

Shako ends in a manner inconsistent with the 'no-shooting-or-the-capsule-might-break' constraints from preceding episodes, there's no starscan and I rediscover tags...

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 01 June, 2019, 11:13:36 AM
Prog 35: All Earthmen must die!  Take no prisoners!

Shako ends in a manner inconsistent with the 'no-shooting-or-the-capsule-might-break' constraints from preceding episodes, there's no starscan and I rediscover tags...

I only noticed after I'd finished reading Prog 38, but the first appearance of the Landraider is also in Prog 35 (though it's not called the Landraider, and it's in an advert).  Have added a paragraph to Prog 35's entry.

Prog 37 is scheduled to go out tomorrow, but today's post is Prog 36: Take 'em from behind – best way to kill those slimy aliens!