Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Funt Solo on 18 August, 2019, 06:22:38 PM
Enjoying the in depth reviews, but mostly just reading rather than responding.

Agreed, loving the coverage!

I'm looking forward to you coverage of the merger. I know for us Ro-Busters and Strontium Dog were initially a bit jarring, because the Strontium Dog story didn't give them a chance to show of their cool time gear, and the Ro-Busters stories were mostly either flashbacks or stories that didn't feature the actual team very much (Terra Meks is amazing, but doesn't have any regular characters besides Howard Quartz and a bit of Mek Quake).
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

The merger has now been published!

2000AD and Star Lord Prog 86: This is it! The big one! Two sci-fi greats unite in a giant leap for mankind! Join them and smash the thrill barrier!

Two from 2000AD and two from Starlord, both of which will run for a significant period - a proper merger (I'm looking at you, Tornado).

I'm wondering who Geoffrey Miller is or was?  I've got an inkling the name might be a pseudonym, but for whom?  (apologies if you're a real person, Geoffrey!)

sheridan

Yesterday's post: 2000AD and Star Lord Prog 87: Dinosaurs rule in Flesh Book 2

Flesh Book II's Old One Eye equivalent makes their appearance!

sheridan

2000AD and Star Lord Prog 88: Hammer-stein and a Cast of Thousands in... Yesterday's Hero He was a robot in a man's war!!!

Hammerstein has his moment in the spotlight, beginning this prog.  Also, the ties between Ro-Busters and Invasion are laid down (if I can mix metaphors).

sheridan

p.s. this is almost the busiest month the blog has seen since I started the slog three years ago (and then kicked it off again prior to my appearance on the Mega-City Book Club).

sheridan

SpaceSpinner2000

Having not read Starlord I found the Preying Mantis cut-aways maddening. It's so cool in a Thunderhawks way, and the only time we really see it in the progs is when it makes a brief cameo in Fall & Rise of Rojaws and Hammerstein.
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 23 August, 2019, 07:44:14 AM
Having not read Starlord I found the Preying Mantis cut-aways maddening. It's so cool in a Thunderhawks way, and the only time we really see it in the progs is when it makes a brief cameo in Fall & Rise of Rojaws and Hammerstein.

You haven't missed much - even in Starlord it's mostly a background feature.

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD and Starlord Prog 92: I, Tharg, have journeyed from the depths of space... Do you dare to share my travels?

First appearance: Mayor Grubb.  Last appearance: Hammer-stein's war memoirs (unless you count the ABC Warriors).

sheridan

2000AD and Starlord Prog 93: No! Please let me drown before the giant scorpions get to me!

Cal takes a bath.  Ro-Jaws falls into the hands of the Robot Investigation Police!  Johnny, Wulf and the Gronk take baths.

sheridan

2000AD and Starlord Prog 95: Burn them – burn the robot rebels!
The Deputy Chief Judge dies!
Ro-Jaws meets the Robot Resistance!
Men garbed in Black investigate flying saucers!

...and Angel.

SpaceSpinner2000

Angel really feels like a second bite at the MACH 1 apple, though I always think of him as a plane-based Spider-Man. "An accidental crash with a radioactive jet has given pilot Harry Angel the proportional strength, speed, and agility of a jet!"

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 29 August, 2019, 09:11:32 AM
Angel really feels like a second bite at the MACH 1 apple, though I always think of him as a plane-based Spider-Man. "An accidental crash with a radioactive jet has given pilot Harry Angel the proportional strength, speed, and agility of a jet!"

Both work for me :-)

2000AD and Starlord Prog 96: We're gonna hit him! That guy's dead... unless he's – Superman! Eject into hell with – Angel!

A new non-human Deputy Chief Judge!  Exodus!  The ruler builds a wall!

2000AD and Starlord Prog 97: We take... a giant step for comic-kind every week!

Ginger dies!  Don't worry, he'll get better...