Main Menu

SD Blaster on ebay, very cool

Started by LARF, 26 September, 2005, 11:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

As ever, I'll pimp this on Strontiumdog.com when it arrives (unless there's any objection).
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Bolt-01

That gun was snecking huge!

Dan got to heft it but there was no photo :(

Bolt-01

Wake

To clarify:

I have the go ahead from Rebellion to produce licenced replicas of both the Judge Dredd Lawgiver Mark II AND the Strontium Dog Westinghouse blaster. Hopefully both products will be available this side of Christmas.

The Lawgiver II is ?80 plus postage preorder with an intended selling price of ?90 plus postage.

The Westinghouse blaster has an intended selling price of no more than ?140 plus postage.

For both replicas I need as many deposits as I can get over the next few weeks, since I am hoping to commission new artwork to be sold as A3 prints with both replicas - possibly signed.

Cheers,

Wake

Mangamax

Regards the SD one, do you know if they're made to order from the same materials as the prototype, or are they going to be cast in resin, injection plastic, vinyl etc?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

+rufus+

I dunno what they're gonna be made out of, but the scale of the SD Blaster is GREAT. I want one. ...or two.
Look out helicopters!!!
R

Wake

The set-up costs of injection moulding are prohibitive and a complete resin cast for the SD blaster would be far too heavy, so we are currently deciding between a hardwood base with resin for the details on each side which will weigh about the same as the prototype (about 1.5 kilos), or vacuformed plastic with extra ballast to increase the weight to at least one kilo.

Cheers,

Wake

Mangamax

Dunno what sort of production set-up there is, but hollow-cast resin would match, if not exceed, the weight of the one at Oxford.
Would have the downside of shattering if you should drop it though...
Have to see how the eBaying goes as i'd really like one.
Plus a Time Drogue, Electronux and about a thousand other things.
Has the guy thought about a full-size SD badge? That would be neat - folk could go to the next Dreddcon as their own Strontium Dog.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Floyd-the-k

While I wouldn't buy it under any circumstances, I must admit that blaster looks cool.  I worry for the seller's health, what with him waving the thing at English police

Bico

Don't worry, Floyd - he's a white guy.

Conexus

But the guy they, shot was white, or at least a pale latino - but from the photos he doesn't look even vaugely arabic. So at least we know that now the police are terrorising innocent civillians, they aren't being racist about it...

Bico

DavidXBrunt

The hispanic guy.

Got to say the blaster looks great and I'm deeply covetous. Wake's idea of Electronux that have sound chips added made me grin like a 6 year old.

Wake

I've just learnt that whether the side details are in cast resin or vacuform plastic they will be attached to a hardwood base.

An Electronux could be on the cards but there is already an unlicenced SD badge on eBay so I'm less keen on investing in the production of a licenced one.

Cheers,

Wake

Link: http://www.2000ad.org/replicas/westinghouse.html" target="_blank">Unleash your inner mutie

http://www.2000ad.org/replicas/images/stronty_blaster.jpg">

Steve Green

It really makes me wish the TV series had gone ahead, just to see how a full SD costume could have looked.

Now, where is Der Happy Stick?

- Steve

opaque

-there is already an unlicenced SD badge on eBay so I'm less keen on investing in the production of a licenced one.-

Sue their ass and use the money from the sale of their house in compensation to help fund an official version ;)