Main Menu

Upcoming Steam Sale.... what are people waiting for?

Started by bluemeanie, 13 June, 2014, 02:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 20 June, 2014, 06:52:38 PM
Must... resist... Walking Dead 2.

Must... resist... Prison Architect. It's pre-release, for goodness sake.

I haven't finished the first Walking-Dead (Game by Tell-Tale.) yet. I was stuck in the part where some fellow the protagonist just saved, by chopping his lower leg off (With a axe...) after getting caught in a trap in the zombie infested forest. He turned after dyeing from blood loss while resting in the back of a utility-truck parked within the hotel courtyard fortress the other survivors built. I kept getting the protagonist killed. When I couldn't read the visual cues to hit the zombie in the head. After he started attacking. I had it sussed out, after watching a game-play video of it on You-Tube, but never got back to playing it.

I may even start the game all over again.

Prison-Architect looks very worthy... and I've been buy it on one of the level where they promise to have character based on my appearance  in the game. As well as some other stuff. I just couldn't spare the cash, and decided to put it on hold. I'm really surprised they are still available after all this time and that the game is still unfinished.  The Alpha/Beta stat of the game sound s a more interesting  where I've heard stories of the prison inmates going into prison cafeteria completely nude because of missing algorithym or the guards kill everybody in a siege and take over the prison for themselves.  I really hope they leave that stuff in the game....even when it's done. Perhaps as a modification or pre-game option that can be found in the game menu.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 20 June, 2014, 08:05:20 PM
Quote from: J.Smith on 20 June, 2014, 07:30:43 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 20 June, 2014, 06:52:38 PM
Must... resist... Walking Dead 2.

Like the first game, I'm holding out on that until all five episodes are released. Though to all in this thread who have played The Walking Dead are looking for a similar episodic game, I'd highly recommend checking out Kentucky Route Zero which, with only three acts of five released so far and two (free) interval chapters, already has the makings of a masterpiece amongst video games.

I'm hanging on for the inevitable Humble Bundle, TBH. Picked up the first one and Back to the Future that way

Kentucky-Route-Zero....yes.....I don't know or recall much about it, but I've seen it reviewed some time last year here....

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: bluemeanie on 21 June, 2014, 12:07:16 AM
Been told the Fables one is amazing too. Read the first five or six graphic novels as the wife bought them and they were brilliant. I'm hoping the game turns up cheap. Wolf Among Us I think.

Oh, and played a bit of Octodad. Fucking mental but fun.
Also done about half hour of Blood Dragon which is cool but I'm kinda smarting about having to sign up and play through UPlay when I bought it on Steam.

Agreed...

GrinningChimera

I'm avoiding steam like the plague. Can't be dealing with all of the must have bargains... I hear them calling me...

bluemeanie

Bought three more at about 3am this morning  :-\

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy, Urban Trials and Papers Please.
EYE looks like a pretty basic FPS but it was only 69p. Trials looks like a poor mans Trials Evolution but again, only 69p so what the hell. Papers Please was £2, played about an hour so far. Different but kinda addictive

£12 of my £50 sale budget gone but I got six games for that so pretty happy so far

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: NapalmKev on 21 June, 2014, 06:38:49 AM
Quote from: bluemeanie on 21 June, 2014, 12:07:16 AM
Been told the Fables one is amazing too. Read the first five or six graphic novels as the wife bought them and they were brilliant. I'm hoping the game turns up cheap. Wolf Among Us I think.

'Wolf Among Us' is a great, it's only slightly let down by Episode 2 which I found a bit dull but overall It's a very good game.

Cheers

I being buying/playing Wolf-Among-Us on the X-Box-360 and haven't got back into it. It does require a lot of attention and concentration on my part. Last time I played, I had the Wolf-Man-Detective stuck inside a bedroom with some lady friend for ages before I clicked on the right object (Which was hard to find...) and the game progressed further until I reached the and of episode.

I must get back into that one and pay more attention when a quick-time moment occurs during a scene where I have started to pay less attention to what I doing. Those happen a lot in this game.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

J.Smith

Quote from: bluemeanie on 21 June, 2014, 11:52:10 AM
EYE looks like a pretty basic FPS but it was only 69p.

That's how it begins.

"But's it only a couple of quid..."

"Ach, it's only a fiver..."

"Um, it's only twenty quid?"

"HOW THE FUCK DID I SPEND ALL THAT MONEY?!!?"

GrinningChimera

Quote from: J.Smith on 21 June, 2014, 01:01:23 PM
Quote from: bluemeanie on 21 June, 2014, 11:52:10 AM
EYE looks like a pretty basic FPS but it was only 69p.

That's how it begins.

"But's it only a couple of quid..."

"Ach, it's only a fiver..."

"Um, it's only twenty quid?"

"HOW THE FUCK DID I SPEND ALL THAT MONEY?!!?"

It should be illegal....

Ah sod it, I'll take a look

CrazyFoxMachine

Found a good way of avoiding the temptation of spending money on the sale - knowing you'll go into your overdraft and get charged if you do!

So I'll just spend the next few days just staring sadly as games I'd love owning get cheaper and cheaper  :'(

CrazyFoxMachine

£1.39!!!

Absolute bargain - I got it on the winter sale for a similar amount and I've had months and months of gameplay for that quid. Amazing game.

ThryllSeekyr

I have about three extra copies of Terraria on Steam. (Atleast I think I do.)

If only I can add you to my friends list on my account.

Please find me as howhotismysteam

yea, I know it's dumb name, but they said they won't let me or can't let me change it.

Now, I have money again....I'm sure I do, but Steam doesn't want to even appear on my computer.

Perhaps, I can open Steam through a web-page.

Yes, that might work.

I may also have extra copies of Postal Two and Beasts of Prey The latter is a survival game when you can harvest stuff off the land for building and kill for food while avoiding dinosaurs. Yet it's not finished yet and is filled with numerous bugs. Most admittedly, unless they take the graphics up a few notches, the game does not look as good as I thought it might have been and the interface doesn't even allow me shut it down without turning off my computer to do so.

GrinningChimera

Added you TS

143.7 hours past 2 weeks
Recent Game Activity

Impressive!

Oh and if you need help lightening the load with one of those copies of Postal 2....

:D

The Enigmatic Dr X

How do I add a friend? "howhotismysteam" in Community isn't working
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!