Main Menu

2018: forthcoming thrills..

Started by janus stark, 05 January, 2018, 12:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Cosier

Stumbled across this fun interview with Rufus Dayglo in which he reveals he's working on a new series for the Galaxy's Greatest.

broodblik

Quote from: Cosier on 29 August, 2018, 06:38:14 PM
Stumbled across this fun interview with Rufus Dayglo in which he reveals he's working on a new series for the Galaxy's Greatest.

Quoted from the article "....... and I am currently drawing a new sci-fi series for 2000 AD called 'The Devil's Railroad' which will be announced soon! "
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

TordelBack

Quote from: broodblik on 29 August, 2018, 08:11:26 PM
Quote from: Cosier on 29 August, 2018, 06:38:14 PM

Quoted from the article "....... and I am currently drawing a new sci-fi series for 2000 AD called 'The Devil's Railroad' which will be announced soon! "

Also exciting in that interview,  Rufus has been drawing dinos for a Dredd boardgame due out at Christmas!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 30 August, 2018, 03:18:32 PM
More of prog 2100:

https://www.newsarama.com/41621-tharg-recruits-george-perez-for-2000-ad.html

Whoops so - got carried away and gave this its own thread... I mean it deserves its own thread right?

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 30 August, 2018, 09:45:12 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 30 August, 2018, 03:18:32 PM
More of prog 2100:

https://www.newsarama.com/41621-tharg-recruits-george-perez-for-2000-ad.html

Whoops so - got carried away and gave this its own thread... I mean it deserves its own thread right?

I am not familiar with his work. I am always in for somebody new doing work for the prog

I, Cosh

Just this morning I was thinking to myself that it would be a shame if the current series of Brink wasn't afforded the same space to move as the second, even if that means running through the Christmas Prog. Lo and Behold.

More importantly. It seems Rennie's cryptic hints in another thread meant something exciting!
Quote from: THARGThe Galaxy's Greatest Comic rounds out another storming year with a 100-page Xmas spectacular, featuring a stunning line-up of stories and creators.
- Judge Dredd tackles a sinister Christmas spirit in 'Jingle All the Way'
- Nolan Blake has to investigate a terrorist cell in Skip Tracer: 'Louder Than Bombs'
- vampire bounty hunter Durham Red takes down a criminal gang in 'Three Gifts'
- Celtic warrior Slaine learns a little of Ukko's nefarious past in 'The Bogatyr'
- Deadworld's survivors face down Judge Fear in 'Running Scared'
- something evil lurks in the woods in new folk-horror series 'Thistlebone'
- the master cult makes its move in Brink: 'High Society'
- the vampires take to the skies above WWI France in Fiends of the Western Front
- and the supernatural series Caballistics, Inc. comes to a close with the final ever episode 'Visiting Hour.'
-  Plus much more!
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

And then Rebellion, while GNASHING TEETH will issue "No, really, this is TOTALLY the Complete Cabs Special Edition with knobs on", and Rennie, grinning wildly, will write another episode two months later called "another visiting hour – mwahahahaha".

Tharg really seems invested in Skip Tracer, doesn't he?

The Enigmatic Dr X

I like Skip Tracer.

I liked Synammon.

What do I know?
Lock up your spoons!

broodblik

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 10 October, 2018, 03:16:45 PM
I like Skip Tracer.

I liked Synammon.

What do I know?

As much as I do since I like both those stories  :D

norton canes

Quotethe supernatural series Caballistics, Inc. comes to a close with the final ever episode 'Visiting Hour.'

Yes!!

Colin YNWA

More importantly what the heck is 'folk horror'?

Have to say there's a lot to be excited about there.

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 10 October, 2018, 04:53:00 PM
Blood on Satan's Claw. The Wicker Man. Rurally-set pagan horror. Summer Magic would probably qualify.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 10 October, 2018, 04:53:00 PM

It's that creeping feeling up your spine when you're having a quiet pint in your local and see a bunch of hairy blokes walk in with various fiddles, guitars, and accordions...