Main Menu

Ants Are Not Allowed In Our Big Game

Started by Al_Ewing, 31 August, 2005, 05:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Ewing

Bootleg Superman, Bootleg Batman and Bootleg Spiderman are all helpless. Time for the Amazing Nagraj to outperform them all - as only he can!

Link: http://www.alanhunt.ca/images/nagraj/" target="_blank">"I will kill you torturously."

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

paulvonscott

I enjoyed that, for all its flaws and unintentional humour, as it seemed truer to the superhero ideals (in that it felt genuinely heroic) than most comics, as it was aimed at kids.

It seems trivial to mention it in the same post, but I saw some of the account of the school siege in Russia on BBC2, as told entirely through the accounts of children, and it was genuinely shocking what these kids had experienced, you can imagine soldiers coming back from wars having experienced less.  

And it was interesting to see for some of them, just how important fantasy figures (harry potter, terminator and others) were of use to them in helping them cope at the time.

Anyway, not sure how connected they really are, but I suspect kids need superheroes more than we as adults do.

Floyd-the-k

I only read the first page; loved the line about 'spoil his filthy face'.
  This bloke should be enlisted to write for 2000ad at once. Then again, perhaps he'd just pirate it....

yours, reading Shazam

Bico

Is it me, or did God show up to save everyone at the end?  Except for that chap who grew huge and had to be killed from the inside by that other chap's snake.  There's a dirty inference or two to be gleaned there, I'll wager.

Adrian Bamforth

"And it was interesting to see for some of them, just how important fantasy figures (harry potter, terminator and others) were of use to them"

Yeah, God as well I noticed.

ADE

archangel 1

but superman threw him away with his puff!!!
i did'nt know the man of steel liked to take it up his hershey highway!!,how come none of you saw that! nearly made me laugh.
;D

Mike Carroll

Uff! That was great fun, but completely cliche-ridden - I mean, how many times more times are we going have to put up with Superman and Batman being saved by a guy riding a little train?

Mike C

Max Kon

Dudley

Hero's girlfriend: "I am feeling quite uncomfortable in this dress."
Hero: "Soon you will get used to it, now watch circus quietly."

Now THAT's the role-model I never had as a child!

johnnystress

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/johnnystress/SHAKOORA.jpg">

House of Usher

Much, much fun to be had there. I loved the line about the uncomfortable dress too!
STRIKE !!!

johnnystress

ahem, mu shakoora picture must be acknowledged!
sheesh

House of Usher

Stress, it's great, is that. It looks really authentic too !
STRIKE !!!

Dark Jimbo

Brilliant picture, made me laugh (almost) as much as the strip itself.

But the guy can 'kill tens of elephants with his teeth?' Huh? I'd like to know how he found that out.
@jamesfeistdraws