Main Menu

SLAUGHTER HAWK.

Started by David Broughton, 21 October, 2017, 05:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Broughton

Corporatism has a new foe! Slaughter Hawk is coming in 2018.
US Format comic book. 48 full colour interior pages.

Smith

David Broughton

Quote from: Smith on 21 October, 2017, 06:23:27 PM
Deadpool?

Hi Smith, thanks for the comment. Unfortunately I can't really tell you why he really isn't Dead Pool at the moment as I have to protect the story and the 700+ hours work I have already put into this, my first Super Hero type story.  As a small press creator I do really work hard to produce this stuff and I do also contibute a lot to the 2000AD fanzines Zarjaz and Dogbreath.  In fact I have drawn around 26 scripts for them which must be getting on for around 200 or so pages.  I also used to contibute to the 2000AD forum Christmas Advent calenar in the form of 25 page Judge Dredd comics.  Here is a link to Judge Dredd 'Bad Crop' in the PDF file format .pdf]http://www.futurequake.co.uk/imagebucket/Downloads/JD-BadCrop[Final].pdf  I hope you enjoy it and once again thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

Hudge_Jeeley

Looking forward to this. Love your work on Zarjaz.

TordelBack

Yeah, likewise.  So is this a hefty one-off, or the start of something even larger?

David Broughton

Quote from: Hudge_Jeeley on 19 November, 2017, 08:12:32 AM
Looking forward to this. Love your work on Zarjaz.

Hi Hudge Jeeley, Its great to hear that you are enjoying my work in Zarjaz. Unless you already have it, I have an eight page story in Zarjaz #29 written by Matt Sharp (forum member Lobo Baggins) which can be bought online here http://www.futurequake.co.uk/zarjaz/zarjaz-29/

Also when I launch Slaughter Hawk next year (or if you decide to by any of my other comic books online) if you contact me by email or Direct messaging here or on Facebook I'll sort you out with a Judge Dredd sketch or if I still have one a panel from one of my Zarjaz Dredd strips as a thank you and to offset any postal costs.  :D

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 November, 2017, 08:34:57 AM
Yeah, likewise.  So is this a hefty one-off, or the start of something even larger?

Hi Tordelback, thanks for the comment and your support. Its great chatting to you again. I have written Slaughter Hawk to be a 48 page full colour self contained story that can be continued with new adventures if it does well. :)

Hudge_Jeeley

Already picked up Zarjaz #29 after hearing great comments about your art on Everything comes back to 2000ad. I'll pick up Slaughter hawk when it's out!!

David Broughton

Quote from: Hudge_Jeeley on 23 November, 2017, 02:54:33 PM
Already picked up Zarjaz #29 after hearing great comments about your art on Everything comes back to 2000ad. I'll pick up Slaughter hawk when it's out!!

Thanks Hudge, thats great to hear.  I'll be penciling the last page tomorrow night and I hope to start colouring all 48 pages throughout December. Here are pencils and inks for a small panel (actual finished artwork size 70mm by 90mm approx on Bristol board) from Slaughter Hawk which I posted on my FB post Saturday. I'll be posting more pictures from Hawk over the next few months. Thanks once again for the support.  :)

David Broughton

Just finished colouring all 48 pages of my next comic book 'Slaughter Hawk.' Here is a peek at the pencils, Inks and colours from a small panel. Its a lot of work for one person to do. Just the lettering, SFX, Cover pages and any adjustments to the pages to go now. Looking to lauch this book Summer 2018

David Broughton

ABOVE:
Cover for Slaughter Hawk 52 pages full colour US Format. Launching at the ICE Comics convention in Birmingham on September 15th 2018.

After its limited preview release the first review for 'Slaughter Hawk' is up by the Awesome Comic podcast's very own Antony Ez Esmond. Here is a link to said review http://neverironanything.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/in-preview-slaughter-hawk-by-dave.html?zx=c4cf6ebc839d9b70

David Broughton

Thanks to Alan for posting his review. I'll post a link on this thread as well. https://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.com/2018/05/slaughter-hawk-volume-1.html

Also...

This week the Awesome Comics podcast covers the recent Lawgiver IV convention and Cardiff Independant Comic Expo. Featuring loads of great interviews from independant comics creators. Antony Ez Esmond also interviews me about Slaughter Hawk early on in the podcast. https://awesomecomics.podbean.com/e/episode-152-from-lawgiver-to-cice/

David Broughton

My new comic book Slaughter Hawk 'Corporatism has a new foe' will be launching in just 5 weeks time at the ICE Birmingham 2018 on September 15th. Each book will come with this free A3 colour poster featuring Slaughter Hawk in action.

Ghastly McNasty

That's as cool as f**k dude.

David Broughton

Thanks Ghastly,  Just got the Pull up banner and A3 posters seen here with the comic book back from the printer.

David Broughton

Big shout out to www.orbitalcomics.com one of the comic shops in the UK I contacted about stocking my new comic book 'Slaughter Hawk' stocks are limited so if you're local maybe ask them to reserve you a copy. Pictured in this post is the package I will be sending them. Should be available from 15th September.