Main Menu

Todd from Neighbours in fantasy serial?

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 19 May, 2010, 10:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul faplad Finch

I need some help. I realise this will mean nothing to people not of a certain age but here goes.

I've been thinking a lot over the last couple of days about the 90's version ofThe Tomorrow People, starring Kristian Schmid. It got me thinking about a serial, of which I have only the vaguest memories, in which Schmid played a teenager who gets stuck in a paralel world and has to do battle with these wizard type dudes. I think there was also a subplot about his mates in the real world hanging around the spot where he crossed over.

I may be mixing up 2 or 3 shows here and it's entirely possible I've got the wrong actor but I don't think so. It would have been either just before or just after he did Tomorrow People. Anybody have a clue what I'm talking about?
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Paul faplad Finch

Thats a no then?

Understandable really, since I was talking utter bollocks. As is usually the case, wracking my brain for hours gets me nowhere then as soon as soon as I stop thinking about it the title came to me. SPELLBINDER.

Which when googled turns out not to have starred Kristian Schmid at all, but rather some bloke called Zbych Trofimiuk. Who, if he looks like an ex-Neighbours dude at all it would be a young Guy Pearce. Certainly looks nowt like Schmid. Don't know what I was thinking.

Anyway, sorry for wasting everyones time.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Professor Bear

There was another Schmid show about him and another kid which may have been either a boy or a girl, and some professor-type woman on a motorbike played by her off Drop the Dead Donkey, and they went to other times or something, or possibly other dimensions a bit like our own in the middle ages.  Glad I could help!

All those Aussie co-productions run together after a while - I didn't realise Storm World and ocean Girl were different series, for example.  I kept wondering where half the cast had gone.

HOO-HAA

I remember Todd from Neighbours. Not sure about the other stuff, though...