Main Menu

2000 AD Online

Started by w3bz, 09 July, 2008, 11:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

jabbamatt

Ah interesting. I use Mozilla Firefox and I can't see any images.
I've just tried in Internet Explorer and the images come up fine.
I guess the site isn't Mozilla friendly.

Scottiepunk

I'm using Firefox, images work fine for me.

Morbus Iff

Oh god, please bring back all the historical information about each issue. I've been using that data to obsessively catalog my own collection with the artists behind each thrill, etc. That was the most important feature, for me, of the old site. I'd hate to see it go. Puh-wease.

Peter Wolf

And  An -other disappearing post.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

It didnt disappear after all.

apologies.

Pete Wells

My biggest upset at the moment is that the forum doesn't work on my internet browser on my phone.

I've got a Nokia N95 and I was constantly checking the old forum on it. Anyone got any ideas how/if I can get it to work?

w3bz

did you used to reply or just read stuff before?

Peter Wolf

Hi >How do i post clickable links like on Youtube gold ?

Anyone ?

I frequently offer or give advice to queries so it would be nice if this one could be answered as it is beginning to Rankle a bit to be honest.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

M.I.K.

Quote from: "peterwolf"Hi >How do i post clickable links like on Youtube gold ?

Anyone ?

I frequently offer or give advice to queries so it would be nice if this one could be answered as it is beginning to Rankle a bit to be honest.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

By selecting all the text that makes up the link and then clicking the URL button before you post.

Actually, I don't even think you need to do that. You just need to make sure there's a space between the last bit of text you posted and the link and it should work automatically.

Peter Wolf

Thank you M.I.K  for your help.Much appreciated.

All the best to you.

MotorheadMike

All that's wanted is a functional website supplying useful information. Which we do NOT have.

1) Reinstate the back issue, reprint, Starlord, Tornado, etc, database. This should have been left working, with any changes to the web interface performed around it. When the new database is finished, the two databases can be swapped over. Two other people have already asked for the database's return in this thread, and have yet to receive any acknowledgement.

2) The website has to function with lowest common denominator hardware, ie. 800x600 resolution, dial-up connections. The website/forum's left-hand column is missing. All other website's function at 800x600, so this needs fixing. If flash, large images, audio, etc are to be added, they need to be kept optional. (MySpace is the world's worst designed website.)

3) As reported elsewhere in this forum, there's a problem with posting. Access to the website is lost for a few minutes.

w3bz

QuoteThis should have been left working, with any changes to the web interface performed around it

That's the idea, but with such a large database it takes time. The site was never intended for an instant swap around like what's happened.

QuoteTwo other people have already asked for the database's return in this thread, and have yet to receive any acknowledgement

Apologies if I missed those who have already asked. This was not intentional, but more down to work load. I hope that we're nearing some sort of deadline shortly so, fingers crossed.

QuoteThe website has to function with lowest common denominator hardware, ie. 800x600 resolution, dial-up connections

There's a bug with the sites centering which will be fixed and resolve that left hand side issue.

QuoteAs reported elsewhere in this forum, there's a problem with posting. Access to the website is lost for a few minutes.

There certainly shouldn't be any reason for this unless the domain provider is having issues like they did recently. I'll have a look into that.

w3bz

Board and site have had the 800x600 problem fixed. Which should also help out those browsing on their Wii...an odd expression.

ukdane

800x600 confirmed.
Will do a wii check later (this doesn't involve a urinal!)
Cheers

-Daney