Main Menu

The Biggest piece of DREDD3D Merchandise out there!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 30 September, 2012, 12:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm gonna take it to the park this week to get some better pics, as there are a few banks there to lay it on. Might be able to hang it from some trees, just depends on the area.
By the way vzzbux, I have both of the '95 banners and they are puny in comparison, as they should be  ;)

oshii

Is that the first piece of 2000AD memorabilia that's visible from space?

Mardroid

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 October, 2012, 01:34:42 PM
there are a few banks there to lay it on.

I don't think Barclays and HSBC* will be happy with that. Oh wait, you meant...

Sorry, my mind goes to a silly place sometimes.

Ever thought of investing in a great big pole, stuck into the roof of CF Towers? I now have the image of a great, long flag....

*Other cash munchers are available.

Steve Green

Wonder how often Google updates its satellite imagery.

judge devs

At the first showing I went to on the day of release I asked the staff what happened to (as opposed to can I have that when the films done) the large cardboard display they had of Dredd and I was told they get sent back to the distributor. I was back in the same cinema about a week later only to see them ripping up several displays and shoving them into bin liners. Not sure if Dredd was amongst them but it was no longer there. I was majorly arsed off about it.

So as far as I am concerned this is a major coup, as it seems most cinemas would rather throw this stuff out then do a fan a favour.

Excellent work.

COMMANDO FORCES

If I could ever find when google update I would lay this bugger out in Mote Park for the day and wait to see this on the web!

As for the cinema, they asked the distributers if I could have it, otherwise who knows what would have happened. Good job they had heard what I had been up to  ;)

The best bit is that this is a one of a kind as it's made for the EMPIRE theatre only, due to the dimensions and the place they position it!

judge devs

I dare say the Empire Leicester Square is much better tuned into this sort thing then the Showcase at Avonmeads in Bristol, they have a much bigger public profile and undoubtedly better relationships with the distributors.

LOL, I dare say they had heard what you'd been upto.

Steve Green

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 October, 2012, 09:13:55 PM
If I could ever find when google update I would lay this bugger out in Mote Park for the day and wait to see this on the web!

As for the cinema, they asked the distributers if I could have it, otherwise who knows what would have happened. Good job they had heard what I had been up to  ;)

The best bit is that this is a one of a kind as it's made for the EMPIRE theatre only, due to the dimensions and the place they position it!

I'd settle for you judged up on Streetview...

Kudos

Haha. I love that picture in the OP. I laughed my arse off when I saw it on twitter the other day and it made me laugh again just now. Big huge Dredd poster teeny tiny CF. Great stuff. But can't you just tell how happy he is.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 01 October, 2012, 12:03:35 PM
It should be ceremonially unfurled every year on 7 September.

I did dig it out the other day to hang it up against the side of the five-aside court. Still looks rather lovely ;)

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

COMMANDO FORCES

amines2058

That must weigh a ton to lug about then. Very impressive still though!  ;)

Goaty