Main Menu

Black Friday sale heads-up

Started by IndigoPrime, 27 November, 2019, 08:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Black Friday is upon us. From 00:01–23:59 GMT, Tharg the Generous will be offering discounts as deep as the darkest abyss (up to 60% off). So keep watching the store, Earthlets, and grab yourself a bargain!

Colin YNWA

Looking forward to seeing what is included. I'd love it if t-shirts were included but suspect as they seem to be printed on demand that won't be the case alas.

Still be good to see what's included and look forward to exploring.

Rogue Judge

Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely be taking advantage of this sale. Last year's Christmas deals passed me by...won't let it happen again!

Jim_Campbell

Can I get discounts on the bigger house and divorce lawyer I'd need if I bought any more stuff?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 November, 2019, 08:40:15 PM
Black Friday is upon us. From 00:01–23:59 GMT, Tharg the Generous will be offering discounts as deep as the darkest abyss (up to 60% off).
Just this weekend I was idly filling up a basket to see what I could waste my 50% subs discount on. Glad I waited now.

As an aside, don't think it's going to happen but if Tharg was ever to put a significant discount on the digital back Prog bundles, I'd probably end up buying four or five years worth of stuff I already have on paper.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Worth noting, obviously, that you won't be able to double dip on sales items. So anything on sale will NOT have a further 50% reduction from the subs discount.

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 November, 2019, 09:13:23 AM
Worth noting, obviously, that you won't be able to double dip on sales items. So anything on sale will NOT have a further 50% reduction from the subs discount.
I know, but 60% off is better than 50% off! Assuming the stuff I want is included.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Sure thing. Just putting it out there in a general sense – rather than it being directed at you – because I've seen angry complaints in other places from people fuming that they can't get 50% off of pre-order special edition hardbacks, and off of other sale items, some of which were heavily reduced.

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 November, 2019, 09:46:21 AM
Sure thing. Just putting it out there in a general sense – rather than it being directed at you – because I've seen angry complaints in other places from people fuming that they can't get 50% off of pre-order special edition hardbacks, and off of other sale items, some of which were heavily reduced.
I'll be honest, that was the first thing I tried to do. I wasn't particularly surprised when it wasn't allowed.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Agree with Cosh... I can't remember where it was but I got about 2 years of missed Megs on digital when they were reduced.

I always feel hard done to as a double digital subscriber. As far as I can figure we must be the customers that provide least amount of hassle and cost for Tharg but we never seem to get any presents.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tjm86

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 28 November, 2019, 09:55:17 AM

I always feel hard done to as a double digital subscriber. As far as I can figure we must be the customers that provide least amount of hassle and cost for Tharg but we never seem to get any presents.

It's the same for anyone who has a monthly subscription.  Pay up annually in advance and get the best prices and all the goodies.

Tjm86

Black Friday is upon us. From 00:01–23:59 GMT, Tharg the Generous will be offering discounts as deep as the darkest abyss (up to 60% off). So keep watching the store, Earthlets, and grab yourself a bargain!

As an additional, can I just say that as pranks go this is a quality one.  Right now this link takes you to a page that says nothing is on offer at the moment.   :lol:

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tjm86 on 28 November, 2019, 10:20:17 AM

As an additional, can I just say that as pranks go this is a quality one.  Right now this link takes you to a page that says nothing is on offer at the moment.   :lol:

Because it's not Black Friday yet - hence the 'heads up' of the thread title!
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Exactly. There have been complaints here from people who don't read the email newsletter, and so we're now attempting to convey news via the forum as well.

As for annual vs monthly subs, one guarantees a revenue stream and the other does not. Incentives are almost always for longer subscription periods. However, Rebellion is different from other publishers in one key way: it sends incentives to existing subscribers as well. Most other mags don't do anything like that.

Tjm86

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 28 November, 2019, 10:25:40 AM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 28 November, 2019, 10:20:17 AM
Right now this link takes you to a page that says nothing is on offer at the moment.   :lol:

Because it's not Black Friday yet - hence the 'heads up' of the thread title!

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ Really?  I thought it was Friday today, no?  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I really do need to do something about this somewhat detached relationship with time.

Okay, how about we say it is Friday?  I mean it's got to be Friday somewhere, surely.  Would that work for people?