Main Menu

2000AD Page Sizes

Started by pauljholden, 26 November, 2009, 11:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Hey Chums, for those that might find this useful, here's the sizes I draw my 2000AD comics at:

Page Size: 30.2cm x 39.43cm (this is bigger than A3 so you'll either need to use bigger paper trimmed, or, do as I do, draw to the edge, scan it in and then draw a little extra on the page in photoshop)

Panel Size (or the Safe Area, in other words - that area of the page that lettering will go into) 26.44cm x 35.79 cm

TRIM Size - if you want to full bleed the art the art needs to be drawn to the page size, but, between the page size and the trim size the art may get chopped for trim.

29.37cm x 38.59cm

(Hope that makes sense, for the most part, you should just draw in the panel size - if you want full bleed draw all the way to the page size)

-pj

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jim_Campbell

Can I just add, for the benefit of letterers everywhere:

ARTISTS: PLEASE IGNORE THE TRIM SIZE, YOU DON"T NEED TO KNOW IT!

No disrespect to you, Peej, but if I get one more feckin' page where the artist has drawn to the trim line as if it was full bleed, I swear there will be blood ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

pauljholden

I DID say that if you want full bleed then draw to the FULL PAGE size (in fact, rereading my original post - I said it TWICE!) -- I left trim in for information purposes only!

-pj

Jim_Campbell

I know, PJ ... I know! I really wasn't having a pop at you ... it's just that close to 50% of the pages I'm seeing at the moment (including ones from artists who have --apparently-- drawn for Image) don't seem to understand how print production actually works. That's a bee in MY bonnet ... sorry for having a rant on your thread!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

pauljholden

Hey, I'm just *bumping* this, since I've been asked - and some new people may find it useful...

-pj