Main Menu

To Milo, Barny , mrcomicus, etc

Started by Thread Zero, 27 October, 2001, 04:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Hand on heart, you are telling me my two future shocks are worse than those that see print in 2K?

I doubt that very much.

Anyway I am a screenwriter who writes 120 page plus work.
Not silly 5 page future shocks.

What I find so fascinating is how abusive you all are towards me, regardless of my work.

And I don't need you to tell me what irony is.
My future shocks are as good or bad as any Alan Moore, Peter Milligan, Steve Moore etc have seen printed in 2k.

I admit they may not set the world alight but please O great one, tell me a great future shock that has ever been printed in 2k?
Better still, show me one of yours Barney.

I would wager my life that I can write a better Dredd screenplay then any of you abusive people here.

I will write it and you will see.

As you are so abusive to me I will return the compliment.

Go **** yourself.

scojo

Leigh S

And I don't need you to tell me what irony is.
My future shocks are as good or bad as any Alan Moore

Scojo, I'm not looking to come across as a 'stoogie'(?) here, but I've read Alan Moores FS and I've read yours....

Now the shocks you've described to us aren't necessarily bad, but they are really only a glimmer of an idea that need much more work.  You need to go back to basics on them

The joke in the first story is that mankinds last ditch effort is wasted because the target isn't there.  But as everyone else has said it's an out of the blue occurrence that doesn't fit in with the tone of the (overly) serious start.  If you don't have at least a hint of whats coming in the twist, its a cheat.
I'd suggest ditching the cliched aliens/marines setting and going for something more humourous - a Flash Gordon style parody maybe? And come up with a logical (and ironic) reason for the target not to be there.

The second story is at least ironic - time travel experiment messed up by guys watch breaking down.  Again that idea is all that you could save from the script.  The people sitting around waiting isn't exactly interesting and even if I didn't have a watch, I know the difference between 10 minutes and 10 hours!  Maybe if the time travel guy was a bad time keeper, always late etc. and this caused something more catastrophic and interesting to happen to the experiment than just being late - you think the press aren't going to hang around if theres the hint of something going wrong?!:)  

Hope you can take this as constructive criticism scojo - at least Barny, comicus and milo have made you write a better script - the simp thing showed a lot more promise!  

Matt

My future shocks are as good or bad as any Alan Moore....c'mon I just spent this weekend reading From Hell. From what I've seen of scojos writing, he is no Alan Moore. Even Moores Future Shocks & Time Twisters still outclass much of the material being published in comics today.