Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

The Manchester Arena attack has hit me closer to my core than any other incident of this nature, I lived in the arenas shadow in my formative years, have attend countless concerts there and is, as ugly as it may be, very much a part of the cities image. Children and adults alike went there yesterday to have fun, to celebrate life and make memories. They didn't deserve this, I am utterly devastated.

RIP

sheridan

Tiplodocus

Manchester and Roger Moore are two of my favourite things. Hope everyone impacted gets through it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

Events such as this should not make you want to turn to violence, but I really want to stove Kayie Hopkins' head in with a shovel.

Goaty

Did this for Sir Roger Moore tonight  :(

Tony Angelino

Good one. Love the eyebrow.

As a child of the 70's I grew up with Sir Roger as my favourite James Bond and had many fond memories of him. I know most people prefer Sean (and I have nothing against him) but the Moore Bonds edged it for me.

sheridan

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 23 May, 2017, 10:20:36 PM
Good one. Love the eyebrow.

As a child of the 70's I grew up with Sir Roger as my favourite James Bond and had many fond memories of him. I know most people prefer Sean (and I have nothing against him) but the Moore Bonds edged it for me.

Yeah - I think people of our age regard Roger Moore as James Bond in the same way we'll regard Tom Baker as Doctor Who, even if we can appreciate other actors who have taken those roles.

Michael Knight

I have always thought Connery is the quintessential Bond, but I loved Moore. His bond films are so much fun!!!!! Arguably the best of any Bond actors run. He was great too in films such as 'The Wild Geese', 'Gold', 'Shout at the devil' and 'North Sea Highjack'. Great boys own adventure films which sadly you don't get too see much of now. Our heroes nowadays sadly seem to have to be portrayed as 'broken' etc etc. Rest in Peace Roger!

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

I decided to flick through the 2017 deaths list on Wikipeida to remind myself who we have lost this year so far and found some surprises that I had completely missed!

Shigeru Kōyama - Japanese actor who I was most familiar as Fuse in Beyond Outrage
Hiroki Matsukata - Japanese actor played Tetsuya from Battles Without Honor And Humanity series
Tsunehiko Watase - Also from the Battles... series
George The Animal Steele - Wrestler
Ivan Koloff, A.K.A The Russian Bear - Wrestler
Rosey - Wrestler, former tag team partner with The Hurricane

And most shockingly to me Nicky Hayden, Moto GP rider and championship winner. Which happened the same day as the Manchester Arena bombing which is probably why I found out about it via Wikipedia.

R.I.P Kentucky Kid. Taken way too soon.

Jacqusie

Statesboro blues... RIP Gregg Allman

The Legendary Shark

Blue Peter legend John Noakes. :(

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IAMTHESYSTEM

I always remember him leaping out of an aeroplane and parachuting to the ground. They seemed to take some risks with presenters in those days. Since the presenters weren't paid too well the Beeb decided it could afford to lose a few. Sad news to hear he's gone. 
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Dandontdare

If you listen carefully you could hear him shout "Shiiiiiiiiii..." on the way down

sheridan

Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche and Ricky John Best, killed after defending two teenage girls from a white supremacist.

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: sheridan on 29 May, 2017, 04:38:15 PM
Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche and Ricky John Best, killed after defending two teenage girls from a white supremacist.

Disgusting that these two gentleman lost their lives doing what was right.

The police caught the perpetrator.