Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oddballuk

Quote from: I, Cosh on 16 February, 2018, 12:46:24 PM
Is that Served Cold volume pure Al Ewing? Will be an absolute belter.

Looks like and agreed!

EDazzling

TordelBack

Quote from: I, Cosh on 16 February, 2018, 12:46:24 PM
Is that Served Cold volume pure Al Ewing? Will be an absolute belter.

Ooooh yeaaaah.  I'll be having some of that.  Recently re-read the whole Deller/Cop saga, and while the end may have felt wee a bit rushed, in aggregate it was a thing of beauty: a model for the way short strips can stand alone, but read even better together.  Add in his extraordinarily bleak seasonal comedies and that is something I want on my shelf.

Fungus

The Al Ewing Collection ?-)
Hooray for the extension! Never doubted it...!

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

abelardsnazz

Some classic stories in ToOM, think I've read most of them before and it was great revisiting them. The Hottie House series brought numerous chuckles too. Great stuff.

IndigoPrime

Glad to see a Ewing collection is on the way. Good choice. His Dredds were smart, fun, and great to read. (Unlike that rather poor Psi-div collection I just finished. Quite why all that stuff needed reprinting, I've no idea.)

moly

Had the latest two delivered today and yes it is all al Ewing issue, but not impressed with the spine when you have issue 80 and 81 next to each other

IndigoPrime

moly

IndigoPrime

Tomwe

Intro to Served Cold confirms Robot Wars for vol 86, which kills my assumption that the first Dredd book of the 2000AD collection would featur that strip. Maybe it will be another mopping up book.

EDIT: Also, intro to The Trip conforms a second Anderson book for the extension titled Dead End.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 24 February, 2018, 12:16:39 PM
In what sense? Do they not line up?

Here's the new books next to the original run. Goddard could probably have managed that dude's sword a little better, although the Brit Cit judge's hand does continue onto vol 81.

Whatever they did there would have been complaints. We've had volume 80 for 18months or so, if it had appeared to continue those ending at 80 would have been unhappy.

EDazzling

Served Cold Contents:

Served Cold; What the Hitler Saw; The Bean Counter; The Rich Cabaret; The Cop; Magic Bullets; The Americans; Cockroaches; Rehab; Doctor What?

The Trip... I haven't opened this, it'll probably get me a extra 60p on ebay still sealed. But I'd guess it's:
Big Robots; Wiierd; Biophyle; The House of Vyle; The Trip; Stone Voices

Is that correct?

Happy to hear there's a dead end volume coming, The most recent psi-files book stops at Stone Voices. I hope it's mostly new stuff.

Apestrife

Served cold sounds awesome! Really long since I read the cop, and cockroaches is a classic!

Great to hear about Robot wars as well as Anderson Dead end! :)