Main Menu

Nemesis Deviant edition.

Started by marko10174, 26 July, 2017, 03:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marko10174

I've just finished reading this book, my first introduction to Nemesis and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm just wondering, does the deviant edition contain the same stories as volume one? (the phone book edition).

I, Cosh

It does not. The Deviant Edition contains Nemesis books 1 and 3. The two Kevin O'Neill illustrated stories which the artist coloured and amended for the Eagle comics reprints in the 80s.

The volume one phonebook contains the original black & white versions of these stories plus books 2 & 4, drawn by Jesus Redondo and Bryan Talbot respectively.

Exhaustive discussion of the actual differences in the artwork can be found here.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Doesn't the Deviant Edition also include the Redondo tale, along with Tomb of Torquemada?

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 July, 2017, 04:01:53 PM
Doesn't the Deviant Edition also include the Redondo tale, along with Tomb of Torquemada?
Possibly. Seems that I've owned this book for four years and never actually read it!

But can we all agree that Book 4 definitely isn't in the Deviant Edition and Tomb of Torquemada isn't in the phonebook?
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

Yes, Book 2 and The Tomb... are included.

marko10174

Thanks for the info. Yes, tomb of Torquemada is in the deviant edition.