Main Menu

Mega City Zero (IDW)

Started by JOE SOAP, 11 July, 2015, 06:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

Still IDW could bring us proper Doctor Who/Dredd crossover.

Why the hell would you want that.
IDW do pretty crap Dredd and I'd hate to think what shite they'd do throwing the Dr into the mix.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 12 September, 2015, 11:55:56 PM

IDW do pretty crap Dredd and I'd hate to think what shite they'd do throwing the Dr into the mix.

Sure Brendan McCarthy has more or less already done it that
You may quote me on that.

sheridan

Anyone read Burning Heart by Dave Stone?

jacob g

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 12 September, 2015, 11:55:56 PM

Cuz I kinda like Dredd/Mars Attacks crossover.
margaritas ante porcos

COMMANDO FORCES

Dan was kind enough to post these up on facebook :D

Link Prime

It arrives next week; http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=1488327

I'll pick up at least the first few issues to check it out, and I have to get that Francavilla Archie cover.

What's with the Vol 5 listing?
Midtown must be including the Eagle & DC runs...

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 December, 2015, 11:20:14 PM
It arrives next week; http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=1488327

I'll pick up at least the first few issues to check it out, and I have to get that Francavilla Archie cover.

What's with the Vol 5 listing?
Midtown must be including the Eagle & DC runs...
I've got several of those Blank covers ordered via my local comic shop so here's hoping he gets them as I have a lot of plans for them.  :thumbsup:

Link Prime

From the IDW solicitations for March 2016:

"Mega-City Zero, Part 4! As Dredd continues to unravel the mystery of what has become of Mega-City One, he's brought before "The Forum" to be judged himself!"

Isn't that what happened IDW Dredd volume 1?  ;)

Fungus

Quote from: Link Prime on 16 December, 2015, 03:31:43 PM
Isn't that what happened IDW Dredd volume 1?  ;)

Can't help you. Erased all memory of IDW Dredd  :o

COMMANDO FORCES

That didn't take long to read, only 20 pages long and luckily for Buttonman, they're doing a readers letters page ;)

As known, there were 3 covers, plus a blank sketch variant. What they didn't tell us was there's also a Nerd Block Exclusive Cover, which is a similar thing to what Zavvi does.

Hawkmumbler

Looking forward to reading this, and as much as I love Dan on art duties I'm kind of longing for a Stokoe Dredd series after that variant.

Proudhuff

picked this up today (Archie cover) and thought of CF as soon as I saw the blank cover advertised. looking forward to seeing what he gets done to them!

The comic is better than the previous IDW stories, the artwork is loose and the colouring muddy IMO, Dredd's faced off with the Mechismo could have been a 'Fist of Dredd' moment but missed, the children are a pain and the whole internet savvy-ness also painful at times.

I'm out, anyone short of an Archie cover?
DDT did a job on me

jacob g

I've got mine (Blank Cover, just in case) today. Haven't found time to read, only quick peek at the art and, damn, I'm glad MacDaid was picked as artist for this new ongoing.
margaritas ante porcos

W. R. Logan

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 16 December, 2015, 06:51:01 PM
That didn't take long to read, only 20 pages long and luckily for Buttonman, they're doing a readers letters page ;)

As known, there were 3 covers, plus a blank sketch variant. What they didn't tell us was there's also a Nerd Block Exclusive Cover, which is a similar thing to what Zavvi does.

I really hate the fact that IDW do so many variant covers.
Thought multiple covers were a thing of the 90's but IDW continue to pump out multiple covers, wouldn't be so bad if the covers were wrapped around anything decent.

sheridan

First thoughts: I've read through it once, have the standard cover (which is all we saw of the new series for the longest time), though quite like the look of the retailer incentive cover (the wrap-around Mega-City One cityscape which has done the rounds for a few months now - but I wouldn't want to put any comic shop through the hoops they'd have to go through to get one).

Story-wise it packs the first episode of a 2000AD-style tale, but in twenty pages instead of six, but this is a well-known difference between UK and USA comics so I won't labour that point...  So far it reminds me of nothing as much as an Alternity Dredd story.

Dredd was a bit quick in shooting Puppy Kicker through the head, though other than that this story could fit into IDW, 2000AD or even DC Dredd quite comfortably.  That might be more due to there only being three sepia-tone flashback panels of 'real' Mega-City One.  The children's speech patterns started to annoy me pretty quickly, when I re-read I'll try to give them a Mad Max III accent and see if that improves them.  Speaking of Mad Max, the water scenes were more than a little reminiscent of Fury Road.  The fossilised Ang Avi (did anybody not get that?) reminded me of the Petrified City from Terror Watt.

Highlights: the full-page view of Ang Avi and the last page of story, with the view of 'Echo Chamber' / ruined plaza.