Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Zeal

We got Arsenal at home in the next round of the FA Cup. A decent draw that the club will actually make some money out of.

exilewood

Aha. Orient fan, eh? I'm looking forward to this too. Come on you Gunners!

Dunk!

An American Art Director just casually asked me during a review: Why do I always put such big feet on my characters?

When I answered it's just a throwback to some of my childhood influences he grinned and said "Ah, Judge Dredd"

The fact a guy like him knew what I was talking about made my day.
"Trust we"

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Dunk! on 02 February, 2011, 10:27:28 AM
An American Art Director just casually asked me during a review: Why do I always put such big feet on my characters?

When I answered it's just a throwback to some of my childhood influences he grinned and said "Ah, Judge Dredd"

The fact a guy like him knew what I was talking about made my day.

That is very cool.

Bolt-01

Tiplodocus

Cool indeed.

isn't the Mick McMahon answer: "They aren't big feet. They are just big boots and shoes."
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dunk!

I told an Art Manager buddy, and fellow 2000ad fan, what had happened and how it had surprised me, and he just grinned stating "Why do you think they pay him the big bucks? He just KNOWS!"
"Trust we"

TordelBack

Initial Kepler results suggest 68 candidates for rocky worlds out of 1,200 new possible planets in a study area covering just 0.25% of the sky, with at least 5 candidates in habitable zones being no more than twice the size of Earth.  It's hard to believe that I can remember the day the very first exoplanet was announced, now there's nearly 2000.  What a project!  What a result!

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/kepler/news/kepler_data_release.html

COMMANDO FORCES

I just realised that I get paid for sitting on my arse and listening to the radio all night  :o

Dunk!

Just booked to go on this http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/02/spend-a-week-with-bryan-talbot-working-on-your-graphic-novel/ as a birthday present to myself for my 40th later in the year.

It will now be cancelled at the last moment.

Was going to get a commission, but never heard back from the creator involved - which with my track record is kinda ironic.  :)
"Trust we"

exilewood

Just found out that my band will be supporting Buddy Whittington in May! One for all you blues fans!

Banners

Quote from: Dunk!
Just booked to go on this as a birthday present to myself for my 40th later in the year.

I did an Arvon thing years ago - it was a great experience. You'll love it!

House of Usher

Today I got things I liked in the post, I had a good enough day at work, my car runs better after its service, I bought 175ml bottles of wine after work and had one with bread and stilton when I got home. I bought six halogen spotlight bulbs for £4, the rabbits went into their hutch without having to be cornered and manhandled, and the sausage casserole that was for dinner was delicious.

This evening I went to an art gallery preview show and saw some installations that were really exciting, prior to going to see The King's Speech at the same venue. It was a superb film. That's what a good film should be, not all this pointless and repetitive running around shooting.
STRIKE !!!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: House of Usher on 03 February, 2011, 11:17:25 PM

This evening I went to an art gallery preview show 
Always good for free wine.

Quote from: House of Usher on 03 February, 2011, 11:17:25 PM

That's what a good film should be, not all this pointless and repetitive running around shooting.

C'mon now, sometimes the bad guys need to be shot, and they're not just going to stand there and wait to be shot, so ye have to run after them. Jumping around and shooting is just ridiculous though.
You may quote me on that.