Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 27 April, 2011, 06:52:09 PM
Quote from: Something Fishy on 27 April, 2011, 09:01:31 AM
My endowment just matured and it's enough to pay off my mortgage, just before my 40th.

Always a good news story this! Just a few more years for me, I knew I shouldn't have pissed all my money up against the wall in my early army years. Still, it won't be long for me and I can join you as a house owner  :D

The missus made sure we paid our mortgage off quite a few years ago. It does pay to kill it off early. Without her money smarts I don't know where I would be now.
And yes CF I often wonder where I would be now financially if I hadn't also pissed away all my money when I was in the army. Still I wouldn't change anything though.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Only 25 years to go on mine, at only €1,400 a month!  And only €100K of negative equity (and rising)!  It'll be solid-gold Gorehead statues for me any day now.

Wait, this is the Life Spugs thread, right?  ;)

Dandontdare

Well I did (and still do) piss all my money away. My plan is to either die early and happy, or throw myself on the mercy of the state in my dotage.

My friend earns almost twice my slaray but is just as skint, because it all goes into her mortgage and pension. There will come a day when she can retire on a decent wage and own her house outright - probably just before she dies. Unless you have offspring to make provision for, I'd always say spend it while you can!

Something Fishy

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 27 April, 2011, 06:52:09 PM
Quote from: Something Fishy on 27 April, 2011, 09:01:31 AM
My endowment just matured and it's enough to pay off my mortgage, just before my 40th.

Always a good news story this! Just a few more years for me, I knew I shouldn't have pissed all my money up against the wall in my early army years. Still, it won't be long for me and I can join you as a house owner  :D

it's a fantastic feeling.. well it will be.  The money just turned up so it'll be paid next week.

Just nice to think I have years without worrying about rent or mortgages now all being well.

Sounds like you've been very sensible in your time to be near clearing it to me  :)

Something Fishy

Quote from: vzzbux on 27 April, 2011, 08:48:08 PM

The missus made sure we paid our mortgage off quite a few years ago. It does pay to kill it off early. Without her money smarts I don't know where I would be now.
And yes CF I often wonder where I would be now financially if I hadn't also pissed away all my money when I was in the army. Still I wouldn't change anything though.
V

Yep we've done the same.  It's meant we've done that rather than lots of spending (though we've not gone without and still had some hols and things and got the house in a nice condition) but now we can enjoy not having one.   Great feeling.

Tordel: sorry to hear about yours.  I have friends who were caught with this last time (mid 90's), it took a long time but the value did eventually level out and they're getting close to the end of it all now.

Mudcrab

5 years to go for me, so looking forward to sitting in my very own house reading Prog 2000!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

TordelBack

Quote from: Something Fishy on 28 April, 2011, 05:53:54 PM
Tordel: sorry to hear about yours.  I have friends who were caught with this last time (mid 90's), it took a long time but the value did eventually level out and they're getting close to the end of it all now.

Oh aye, I've no complaints.  I went into it as a long-term thing, love the layout of the house and its close to the hills, teenchy and deep in bandit country though  it is.  But a €300K mortgage over 33 years on a 1,000 sq ft house on the fringes of civilisation, WTF was I thinking!  Nobody to blame but myself.

The Legendary Shark

I've heard that if the bank has sold your mortgage (that's what the sub-prime fiasco was all about, selling a bunch of bad mortgages with one or two good ones mixed in) to a third party, then technically you don't have to keep paying that mortgage because you have no agreement with that third party. The bank technically has no right to keep asking you to pay as they've sold the debt. Just ask your bank to show you that they still have the original mortgage papers that you signed. If they haven't got them, tough titty on the bank - they speculated and made a loss.

This may be true, or it may not be true, or it may be partially true.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Quote from: Lobster Doug on 28 April, 2011, 06:54:43 PM
5 years to go for me, so looking forward to sitting in my very own house reading Prog 2000!

it'll race past for sure.  My last 5 did.

You weren't alone in that Tordel, it seemed to be something that so many were doing.  I think those times are over for a good few years now.

Rog69

My hayfever has almost gone now  :D!

I used to have it really bad as a kid and through my teens and 20's spring and summer were hell on earth, but during my 30's it started to tail off a bit and now it's hardly there at all.

I mowed the lawn last night in a cloud of dust and grass cuttings and I didn't notice it at all  :D!

Keef Monkey

Think I may have grown out of mine too Rog! I still take tablets once summer comes around but it's more as a precaution, the worst I seem to get now is some dry nostrils. Used to be completely unable to function with it so was a total Summer hermit.

SmallBlueThing

Because, of everywhere on the Internet, the 2000AD Board was the only place today that DIDN'T have a dedicated Royal Wedding thread.

SBT

maryanddavid

€1,400 a month :o :o  shit Tord that a lot of cash to have to come up with every month. At least your near the capital, negative eq wont last to long there, at least you didnt buy in Leitrim or Roscommon!
STB as for the that wedding, its amusing to see all the fuss over here about the especially among the women folk, Ireland is full of Republican Royalists!

David

COMMANDO FORCES

Had a great day out over at Rochester enjoying a truly British event, the Sweeps Festival. Yes folks, you can really enjoy the ways of the British without being as so called Little Englander and all that bollocks!

First up are a few pictures of your typical Morris sides that we watched perform.

Now we get to the real deal. One of Carolyn's friends performs with Wolfshead and he tried to recruit me into the side. I must admit that he gave it a bloody good go (performing at 05:32 up Bluebell Hill tomorrow put me off), what with the gila suits and cam cream, plus the other part of the side Vixen!

Wolfshead

Vixen

Me and Sam with Vixen, well you didn't think I'd want a photo with Wolfshead did you!

I expect Jim to be asking to join once he sees these pictures  ;)

Darren Stephens

Had a great day out at Paultons Park and Peppa Pig world today. The first time our 3 year old daughter has been to such a place. The weather held out, too. Brilliant day. It also brought to light how well mannered she is, compared to some of the other kids (and their parents. Some of them actually encouraging their offspring to jump the queue.) Only downside? I now have a burnt nose!  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^