Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Awesome cake Fishy, glad you're going into your 40s with the right attitude!

Something Fishy

Dandontdare

Hope the Fishy forties are as good as the thirties were crap.

Quote from: Pete Wells on 08 May, 2011, 12:55:35 PM
Life's cool cos I've just done the Greggs Cancer Run with the bairns from my school. We all got free Greggs pasties! Happy days!

Only in the NE could children's fitness, cancer research and Gregg's pasties combine in one event!

Today I experienced such good online customer service it's restored my faith in humanity (until the next time I think about Andrew Lansley ... ah crap!)

I ordered a TPB from an Amazon seller (called "The Shop is Open"), but he sent me the hardcover instead. Some would think that's great, as I've got a more expensive book than I ordered, but I emailed him anyway to see if he had the TPB to exchange as I'd actually prefer it to the HC (I have OMSD - Obsessive Matching Spine Disorder). He emailed straight back to say he was refunding 100% of my cash so I could buy the TPB elsewhere, and I can give the HC to charity or sell it. How's that for nice?

Something Fishy

Did they used to label them "cornish"?  they can't label those awful meat pies as anything such now thankfully.

Some justice in the world at last.

Having said that they are able to call Ginsters Pasties Cornish even though they are disgusting and aren't even close to a real one.

staticgirl

I've never had a REAL cornish pasty then. :( What is the hive mind's opinion of those Cornish Pasty Meat Company stalls that are springing up near rail stations?

Something Fishy

Quote from: staticgirl on 15 May, 2011, 06:12:05 PM
I've never had a REAL cornish pasty then. :( What is the hive mind's opinion of those Cornish Pasty Meat Company stalls that are springing up near rail stations?
Can't speak for the hive but some of those are from the West Cornwall Pasty company and are a lot closer to the real thing.  Not great but OK and more than decent enough.

Dunk!

CineBook's trading address is in Canterbury, giving my old hometown some much needed comic kudos.

Sweet.
"Trust we"

The Legendary Shark

In two or three weeks, I get my new puppy. He's the grandson of my old dog, who died last year. So, meet Chip:

(Bio-Chip 7, to give him his full Twoothy name. Yes. I am that sad.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

exilewood

He's a handsome boy, Sharky. A bio-chip off the old block, eh?

The Legendary Shark

Indeed. You can see the evil in his eyes...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Kerrin

My god, he's an absolute BWUTE. You're right Sharky, you can see the killer wolf like instincts in his eyes already. Awwwwwwww...little puppy!

Zarjazzer

yay as a sufferer of GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome)and as part of my mid life crisis I have visited London tahn and tried lots of lovely guitars settling for a Pawnshop Fender. It arrives next week as I can't be bothered carting it around town, sorry tahn.

i did  also buy twoofy from GOSH which is a charming comic book shop near the Blighty museum. :)

Happy bunnykin am I.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Something Fishy

Lovely dog up there awww.

Zarjazz.. i suffered an expensive attack of that for my 40th.