Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

......I now have a week off. Hurrah!
We are going away for a few days as we have been given a place to stay for free. It's not far from home but it will still be fun and good to get away.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Rog69

Because I'm back home to my own bed after four miserable nights in a hotel at Gatwick airport :D.

They appeared to employ people to slam doors every 15 minutes throughout the night and the chambermaids push square wheeled trolleys full of cymbals up and down the corridors while chatting to each other through loud hailers from five AM every morning.

I also have Monday off because it's bring your daddy to school day :)

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Cyberleader2000

Life's so drokking fantastic because Ive finile won a Platinum trophy on my PS3 on the Game Transformeres War For Cybertron
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Something Fishy

Because I got Child Of Eden from my family for Fathers Day and it's awesome with Kinect.  Very generous of them.

House of Usher

On Friday we assembled a new bookcase in my newly reclaimed study and moved stuff from one room to another to make my study more study-like and less like a room for storing junk and forgetting about it.

I got a pair of supermarket canvas shoes that look a lot like David Tennant's Converse ones but aren't them. They are so comfortable I didn't want to take them off.

Deborah tried on her new Poison Ivy costume. I dug out some Suicide Squad comics for reference for her. While I was rummaging for comics she insisted I get out our entire run of The Defenders for her to read this summer and to confirm that it is #35 we're missing, and then buy the missing issue for her on the internet.

I had a rum sidecar with dinner on Saturday night, then watched Samantha Morton in Jane Eyre with fairylights and candles and a packet of caramel snack-a-jacks (I really don't like Jane Eyre, by the way).

I've finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird.

I'm being taken to Wetherspoons for dinner this evening as soon as she has finished working!  :D
STRIKE !!!

Darren Stephens

Fathers day haul :

Star Wars Omnibus collection.

Best dad in world mug, of course.  :lol:

Slippers!

Feel very lucky, sitting here in my new slippers, reading my new book and sipping tea. Great stuff.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Rog69

Got a couple of home made cards from my girls but the best fathers day present was being able to afford to take the family out for a treat today after months of being broke  :D.

COMMANDO FORCES

What a great weekend.

Went out for a family meal on Saturday (mother-in-laws 70th) and had a good old laugh. Then went to a friends house till 23:00 which entailed more laughing and beating their son up till he cried and then borrowed PAUL (Will watch later but have already watched the Con part as it's soooo true).
Today had family round for a rather expensive amount of Chinese grub and skyped relatives in St Lucia, all this meant more laughing.

The best bit of the weekend for me was that it cost me NOTHING and I had withdrew £300 to cover the costs.

Oh! nearly forgot, Sam got me a load of sweets as there is nothing Dredd related to buy at the moment, so sweets are the next best thing. I found it very strange that all the sweets he gave me were ones that he likes as well  :D

TordelBack

Mmmm, had a great Father's Day too. 

Was given jar of Marmite (we ran out almost three weeks ago, preserve us), jar of crunchy Peanut Butter and a liquorice-and-sherbet dipper.  Spent the day at the beach, built what was truly one of the world's finest sandcastles in the image of a good-sized town from Carcassonne, read a chunk of Clash of Kings, had a good cold swim, recreated the Battle of Clontarf (I was driven into the sea and my ships burned, worse luck), did some unproductive rockpooling, ran the legs off the dog, and jogged along beside the Boy as he cycled his stabilisered bike down to a small country shop to buy ice-creams, which we ate on the grass outside.  Once home I dropped round to my own Dad for tea and a chat, and helped him feed the family of foxes at the end of his garden in the not-dark of 10.30 on a Summer night (two adults and three lovely cubs).  Finished off the evening with half a bottle of homemade red, which I learned needs to breath for an hour or so be at its best.

Honestly, beat that.

SmallBlueThing

Because it's my birthday tomorrow, and already presents are starting to roll in. And because I bumped into one of my oldest and dearest friends, and her husband, in Morrisons and had a natter- which we haven't done in far too long- and most excitingly because I then went to Waterstones and bought The Walking Dead Volume 14: No Way Out- which despite everywhere online saying was out today, Waterstones had repeatedly told me wasn't due to July.

I've already placed it with its thirteen brothers and sisters, and have carefully not so much as opened the cover. Tonight: Whitechapel episode three on ITV3, and then I shall be zombing.

SBT

Michaelvk

Finally got some CAD drawings done that were the bane of my existence..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Something Fishy

Quote from: Rog69 on 19 June, 2011, 06:46:41 PM
Got a couple of home made cards from my girls but the best fathers day present was being able to afford to take the family out for a treat today after months of being broke  :D.

Nice.  Means a lot after a lean period doesn't it. 

Something Fishy

The wife has had a pay rise and an increase in grade at work. Doing really well. Great stuff.

Bolt-01

because after tonight both Zarjaz 12 and Dogbreath 24 are ready to hit the printer. FutureQuake 18 is at 95% ready too, so I reckon this weekend will see it all clear and away. Then I'll be able to share some of the goodies with you lot.